Bowl hopes fading quick

NTAlum97

3 hours ago, djohnnie said:

I hope the team has a better start v.s La Tech. It seemed we weren't ready to play. It put us in a real hole. 

If we start this way vs La Tech, their offense will bury us. Hope we show up big time. We will need to. 

GMG

Was this our first late road start? 

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Was this our first late road start? 

Well it was our 3rd start at 5 pm or later, and everyone of them we started slow.  May be time to re think game day routines to make sure we are focused and ready to play. 

• Upvote 1

UTEP & USM are possible wins if the development of our young players continues & why shouldn't it?  

LaTech?  With a large, raucous & loud home crowd & if our offense is running on all cylinders then never say never. ➡️ (Don't forget just how close the MUTS game really was with a team still in early season development mode).

? Our UTSA Loss?  Told a fellow alum couple weeks ago that a team like ours (in a rebuilding mode) with a true freshman QB is due to have a bad game & not be good enough (yet) to overcome it.  To me that was the BEEP!? ? ?BEEP! game.  

✳️GMG!✳️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 10/29/2016 at 9:31 PM, JasoH said:

Is that right? What two games do we win?? Maybe southern miss and UTEP.  By the way, UTEP beat UTSA last week which makes me a bit cautious to assume we win that one after seeing our effort tonight.  This was a good season for us and one that we can grown on.  I never said it wasn't possible but I think the journey just got harder.  Either way I'll be in the stands next weekend hoping for a different outcome.  Appreciate you, though.  

Army destroyed UTEP...just saying

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Army destroyed UTEP...just saying

UTEP beat UTSA which beat us like a drum.  We beat Army and UTEP was crushed by Army.  Not sure where that leaves us?   I did read on the UTEP board the ARMY game was like a home game for ARMY at the Sun Bowl.  UTEP runs a offense like UTSA is what concerns me.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

UTEP beat UTSA which beat us like a drum.  We beat Army and UTEP was crushed by Army.  Not sure where that leaves us?   I did read on the UTEP board the ARMY game was like a home game for ARMY at the Sun Bowl.  UTEP runs a offense like UTSA is what concerns me.

not sure I would think the UTSA beat us like a drum.  must like how we won the Army game, turn-overs were the difference.  I believe we had more yds, 1st downs, time of possession that UTSA....they had more points.  We left at least 3, maybe 7 on the field with the fumble at the end of the first half.  We had a TD called back.  I am not saying we beat ourselves, UTSA earned what they got....  I am just saying we did not get beat down bad.  We could have won the game if we just took care of the ball.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

not sure I would think the UTSA beat us like a drum.  must like how we won the Army game, turn-overs were the difference.  I believe we had more yds, 1st downs, time of possession that UTSA....they had more points.  We left at least 3, maybe 7 on the field with the fumble at the end of the first half.  We had a TD called back.  I am not saying we beat ourselves, UTSA earned what they got....  I am just saying we did not get beat down bad.  We could have won the game if we just took care of the ball.....

Agreed.  Team stats (due in large part to a strong 4th quarter) are generally in our favor except turnovers.  You are simply not going to win too many games when you give up the ball 4 times.  Plus we had some ill-timed penalties.   Give the 'Runners their due, but this was not like the beat downs we have endured in the recent past.   

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:05 PM, Matt from A700 said:

I think we would all be lying if we weren't a little deflated after this loss. But this Mean Green team is different. Before the season began, many looked at our last four games of the schedule and thought 1-3 at best. However I think the mentality now is that we can win any game that we step onto the field for. I still think we can reach 6 wins, and it starts a week from now when hopefully 25k pack Apogee! GMG!

IF, and it is still a big IF, we can win this Saturday....I think we have a shot at S. Miss as well.  UTEP I have as a win....so WKU will be an L I am afraid.  We can go 1-3, 2-2, or even 3-1 in our last 4 games.......WE NEED TO RISE UP AS FANS AND SUPPORT THEM AS BEST WE CAN.  WE CANNOT EXPECT THEM TO GET IT THEIR ALL IF WE WILL NOT DO THE SAME....  just an FYI.  Nick Saban at BAMA, jumped all over the fans a couple of years ago because many left the game early during a rare loss.  He went viral demanding they stay for the entire game.  Show as much effort as fans as the players do on the field......Same must be expected with us....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

IF, and it is still a big IF, we can win this Saturday....I think we have a shot at S. Miss as well.  UTEP I have as a win....so WKU will be an L I am afraid.  We can go 1-3, 2-2, or even 3-1 in our last 4 games.......WE NEED TO RISE UP AS FANS AND SUPPORT THEM AS BEST WE CAN.  WE CANNOT EXPECT THEM TO GET IT THEIR ALL IF WE WILL NOT DO THE SAME....  just an FYI.  Nick Saban at BAMA, jumped all over the fans a couple of years ago because many left the game early during a rare loss.  He went viral demanding they stay for the entire game.  Show as much effort as fans as the players do on the field......Same must be expected with us....

Had we beaten UTSA, I would have stayed on the bandwagon and believed that our momentum and the huge crowd could lead the Mean Green to victory against LA Tech.

I'm still confident we can beat Southern Miss and UTEP, though. However, I wish they weren't the last two games of the season.

• Upvote 1