Perception

greenminer

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

Don't ever forget that Eagles are dangerous ...but a little p*##y never hurt anyone!

Herpes?

I don't really care about perception right now.  We looked bad for a long time.  Win more and we'll be fine with the people whose perception matters...potential fans/students, recruits, and bowl committees.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, JesseMartin said:

Herpes?

I don't really care about perception right now.  We looked bad for a long time.  Win more and we'll be fine with the people whose perception matters...potential fans/students, recruits, and bowl committees.

What you talking about Jesse? You might need to reread everything.

Just now, KingDL1 said:

What you talking about Jesse? You might need to reread everything.

The first was just in his response to what he said "doesn't hurt anyone"...the rest was just my 2 cents about perception overall, not specifically in response to any of the other replies since some were similar and some were not.

15 minutes ago, JesseMartin said:

The first was just in his response to what he said "doesn't hurt anyone"...the rest was just my 2 cents about perception overall, not specifically in response to any of the other replies since some were similar and some were not.

In regard to us being confused with the Pittsburgh Panthers by a Marshall Beat writer? 

2 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

He doesn't matter. Losers talk shit while winners point at the scoreboard. 

Exactly.  I probably should have worded my original response in a less confusing way, but just assumed everyone would get where I was going with it but it probably came off a bit more vague than I'd intended.

I am going to be brutally honest.  For those of you that know me, I am fiercely loyal to North Texas, sometimes to a fault.  I get pissed off at people that have attended or graduated North Texas, complain about our team(s), yet don't ever do a thing to make a change.  I am probably loyal to a fault at times, but I have always felt that you support your school regardless of their record, etc...

In the past, an article of this nature would have really bothered me to the point that I would have responded to the author, but then I realized something.  This poor guy writes for a paper in Huntington, WV.  He probably has to write to a first grade level and the Herald Dispatch will never be confused with the Lake Cities News.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

This is more of a reason to keep beating Marshall. This guy says, "losing to North Texas is unacceptable". It's a two way highway Chuck... We have the same exact feeling every time we get beat up by conference foes. 

(Insert beaten dead horse for what I'm about to say) We should be running this conference year in and year out. Take away performance by both football teams and look at the university programs on paper, we look so much better... 

• Stadium wise
  • In a hot bed of TX for recruiting (DFW)
  • I'm not sure about Marshall's academic status, but I feel confident enough to say UNT could beat that school academic wise
  • Location, location, location. Probably one of the best locations in CUSA, outside of San Antonio and the FL schools.

Ben Gooding is right... RV created this monster, maybe include the administration for awhile. I'm tired of being a loaded cannon of potential and year after year we never see that cannon fire. 

At least SL and Co. shut these West Virginian tree stump jumpers up for the rest of the year. Winning will only solve our problems in the future.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I recall thinking that Marshall has always been good.

Then I saw we are Marshall, and thought it was and always has been a storied program. Then I heard they were an also ran before a plane crash changed their trajectory in the college football world forever and looked it up. In fact, as bad as we have been last year and the past 10 (the worst ever in UNT history) I bet you could go and find multiple years and 10 year stretches in the Marshall record books that are far worse than any of what we have experienced the past decade.

Marshall should be familiar with their current position.

• Upvote 2

This helps perceptive focus:

Tier One (R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity)
UAB    FIU   UNT   RICE

Tier Two (R2: Doctoral Universities – Higher Research Activity)
FAU    UNCC    OD    UTEP    UTSA   (also as a point of interest: Baylor, TCU, SMU, U of Alabama, Auburn)

Tier Three (R3: Doctoral Universities – Moderate Research Activity)

LA TECH, MTSU, 

These universities are unranked: Marshall U., USM, WKU

Edited by Greenrex
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Greenrex said:

This helps perceptive focus:

Tier One (R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity)
UAB    FIU   UNT   RICE

Tier Two (R2: Doctoral Universities – Higher Research Activity)
FAU    UNCC    OD    UTEP    UTSA   (also as a point of interest: Baylor, TCU, SMU, U of Alabama, Auburn)

Tier Three (R3: Doctoral Universities – Moderate Research Activity)

LA TECH   

These universities are unranked: Marshall U., MTSU, USM, WKU

UAB no doubt thanks to their Medical School.   What on earth is FIU doing in here?   This has to be due to their bloated enrollment, right?