No love from Marshall fans, "UNT automatic win"

gangrene

39 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Their forum looks like ours usually does tonight.  Clean house!  Worst season ever!  Fire everybody! 

They'd be fools to do such. They clean house in recruiting. They are land 10+ 3 stars every. single. year. Usually somewhere along the lines of 15 tbh. They are just in a funk right now and we just happen to extend that funk. They will right the ship and they will beat CUSA-east like a drum, aside from WKU. They could easily win 4 straight looking at their schedule. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

They'd be fools to do such. They clean house in recruiting. 

They have had a ton of high rated recruits from the last 3 classes either never show up, qualify or already leave.  On top of that their HC kicked several defensive starters off the team right before the season.  

It's not a funk, they are short on scholarship players just like we are.  

7 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

They have had a ton of high rated recruits from the last 3 classes either never show up, qualify or already leave.  On top of that their HC kicked several defensive starters off the team right before the season.  

It's not a funk, they are short on scholarship players just like we are.  

Sure, I get it. But those kind of guys are still buying into what they are selling. From 2013-2015 the Herd under Holliday have gone 33-8 (51-32 overall since 2010, including this season). Four bowl wins in the last 5 years. We would be gawking and awing over this dude if he were here in Denton. They are just in a year of transition. Doc Holliday is an older guy, but he isn't a set in his ways kind of older guy like McCarney. I believe he will get it going and don't be surprised to see them in a bowl this season even after a 1-4 start. UNT would be dead in the water after a 1-4 start. Don't write them out. They'll 100% be 3-4 going into Hattiesburg on Halloween weekend. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

Sure, I get it. But those kind of guys are still buying into what they are selling. From 2013-2015 the Herd under Holliday have gone 33-8 (51-32 overall since 2010, including this season). Four bowl wins in the last 5 years. We would be gawking and awing over this dude if he were here in Denton. They are just in a year of transition. Doc Holliday is an older guy, but he isn't a set in his ways kind of older guy like McCarney. I believe he will get it going and don't be surprised to see them in a bowl this season even after a 1-4 start. UNT would be dead in the water after a 1-4 start. Don't write them out. They'll 100% be 3-4 going into Hattiesburg on Halloween weekend. 

If Doc had similar results here and then started 1-4 this year, we would be gripping just like the Herd fans. I understand where they are coming from.  

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

If Doc had similar results here and then started 1-4 this year, we would be gripping just like the Herd fans. I understand where they are coming from.  

If we are coming off of three 10-win seasons with bowl wins attached each year, none of us would be saying much of anything. Especially given they had Pitt and Louisville on the docket this year. The AD kind of put them in a predicament with scheduling. The Akron loss was a head scratcher, but they're turning out to be decent this year. It is what it is. If we at UNT had any suave attached to our brand they probably wouldn't be ready to jump off a bridge as they seem to be right now. But they kind of ran into a buzzsaw tonight.  

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

If we are coming off of three 10-win seasons with bowl wins attached each year, none of us would be saying much of anything. 

Don't completely disagree with you but if you're coming off of three 10-win seasons then automatically the standards and expectations inevitably increases big time and rightfully so.

1 minute ago, Green Mean said:

Don't completely disagree with you but if you're coming off of three 10-win seasons then automatically the standards and expectations inevitably increases big time and rightfully so.

That's very true. But at the same time reeling off 10-win seasons every year is an unrealistic expectation everywhere in the country outside of I guess Tuscaloosa. But starting 1-4 is probably pretty unpleasant with their recent success. 

Here's what I know for sure. 

NT wins.  

Im sorry our Marshall friends believe that The Hurd lost rather that the Mean Geeen won, but lots of other teams see a North Texas win that way.  A prime example is Southern Meth.

A great win.  Enjoy a week off.  Then beat Army

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 2