Anywhere to re-watch the game?

MGNation92

33 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Mainly to watch how Fine did. my entire group left in the start of the 4th quarter. Pissed me off. 

There's a reason I typically go to games by myself

Can you really blame them for wanting to leave?  I left probably about 3 minutes before your group did.  If I knew that Fine was going to play I would have stayed.  You are lucky to have a group a people with you to stick around till the 4th quarter.  I could rarely get people to accept a free ticket in a prime section to come to a game with me in the first place.  Which is why I gave my season tickets up.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

37 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Can you really blame them for wanting to leave?  I left probably about 3 minutes before your group did.  If I knew that Fine was going to play I would have stayed.  You are lucky to have a group a people with you to stick around till the 4th quarter.  I could rarely get people to accept a free ticket in a prime section to come to a game with me in the first place.  Which is why I gave my season tickets up.  

I'll step up there and blame them.  When the game gets out of hand, I always stick around and continue to look for and enjoy exciting plays, explosive plays and other entertaining elements of the game.  You never know what you'll miss if you leave.  If the only reason people watch is to see who's going to win and then leave once the outcome is eminent, you'll save a lot of time and money if you just read about it in the paper.  You paid for a ticket to the entire game.  You paid to see Fine play, but you threw away part of the value of the ticket.  Of course, I kind of wish I didn't follow this philosophy when eating at restaurants.  <pats on stomach>

@MGNation92, assuming you can't finds stream of the game, you can at least listen to the call at http://www.kntu.com/2016/09/03/smu-nt/ .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I'll step up there and blame them.  When the game gets out of hand, I always stick around and continue to look for and enjoy exciting plays, explosive plays and other entertaining elements of the game.  You never know what you'll miss if you leave.  If the only reason people watch is to see who's going to win and then leave once the outcome is eminent, you'll save a lot of time and money if you just read about it in the paper.  You paid for a ticket to the entire game.  You paid to see Fine play, but you threw away part of the value of the ticket.  Of course, I kind of wish I didn't follow this philosophy when eating at restaurants.  <pats on stomach>

@MGNation92, assuming you can't finds stream of the game, you can at least listen to the call at http://www.kntu.com/2016/09/03/smu-nt/ .

While I understand your logic I don't agree.  I would rather that extra hour+ at home watching competitive P5 games or spend time with my family.  Seeing Fine would have been nice but I not that upset that I missed him.  Even if the game was closer at that point, the outcome was never in doubt for me after the middle of the 2nd quarter.  The only questions were how hard they would play throughout and which backups would get a shot in garbage time (if the lead swelled beyond 14 points).  I gave up dreams of coaching more than a decade ago.  Figured out I don't love the sport that much.  If we were getting demolished by a Houston, Memphis, Texas Tech, Kansas State, or any other lower level P5 team I would have stayed because each play in garbage would tell us more about this team from an athletic talent standpoint than garbage time against lowly SMU backups.

I always stay to the end (sometimes bitter) just because I have seen some crazy shit happen in my football-watching lifetime. It ain't over til its over. Also, I like the Alma Mater and "You'll Never Walk Alone".

• Upvote 1