Ken Starr Faceplants When Confronted With Email Showing He Was Told About Rape At Baylor

Harry

Over-under on how long Starr stays employed by Baylor?  I am thinking maybe a week?  And they still will not release their players from the LOI's?  What a mess in Waco,

-----------------

The Ken Starr (yes, that Ken Starr) image rehabilitation tour has begun, with Starr joining the calls for transparency from Baylor’s Board of Regents. He’s urging the regents to release the full Pepper Hamilton report into how Baylor created a culture so blind that administrators believed rape “doesn’t happen here” and so toxic that women who reported they were assaulted were put through hell. Starr’s even gone so far as to say he resigned as chancellor so he could speak more freely about what happened at the university.

The interview continues but longtime GOP fixer Merrie Spaeth (who previously coached Starr before his testimony in support of impeaching Bill Clinton) starts taking action off-camera. In the package, Hays says that’s when Spaeth told her news director that they couldn’t use that part of the interview. The news director refuses, so Spaeth interrupts, saying she needs to talk to Starr. This comes at about 1:34 in the video, and I suggest watching it to see just how adamant Spaeth is about halting the interview.

Spaeth and Starr walk away, then return with Spaeth telling the reporter to ask Starr the question again. Hays does. This time Starr gives answer No. 2.

So here is a reminder (via KWTX-TV) that despite all of this, Starr remains full of shit:

read more:  http://deadspin.com/ken-starr-faceplants-when-confronted-with-email-showing-1780263253?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

6 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

He is a tenured professor. If he really wants to stay they'll have to go through Hell and high water to get him out.

Maybe they can convince him to just quietly walk away, but tenure is a lot to give up.

So you're saying it's more difficult than firing a union worker in a union friendly state?

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

He is a tenured professor. If he really wants to stay they'll have to go through Hell and high water to get him out.

Maybe they can convince him to just quietly walk away, but tenure is a lot to give up.

I understand that, but after this audio I'm not sure how Baylor can justify keeping him. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Generally, don't they only have to prove that he acted unprofessionally? I think he qualifies.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Over-under on how long Starr stays employed by Baylor?  I am thinking maybe a week?  And they still will not release their players from the LOI's?  What a mess in Waco,

-----------------

The Ken Starr (yes, that Ken Starr) image rehabilitation tour has begun, with Starr joining the calls for transparency from Baylor’s Board of Regents. He’s urging the regents to release the full Pepper Hamilton report into how Baylor created a culture so blind that administrators believed rape “doesn’t happen here” and so toxic that women who reported they were assaulted were put through hell. Starr’s even gone so far as to say he resigned as chancellor so he could speak more freely about what happened at the university.

So here is a reminder (via KWTX-TV) that despite all of this, Starr remains full of shit:

read more:  http://deadspin.com/ken-starr-faceplants-when-confronted-with-email-showing-1780263253?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Tell the truth! Then you never have to remember what you said! He has his own crisis manager? The settlements are going up$$$$$$

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Tell the truth! Then you never have to remember what you said! He has his own crisis manager? The settlements are going up$$$$$$

His consultant pulled him out of the room and briefed him up on what to say after be botched an answer. He came back into the room and they asked the same question and it was just an absolute reversal in what he was previously saying. It's baffling. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

His consultant pulled him out of the room and briefed him up on what to say after be botched an answer. He came back into the room and they asked the same question and it was just an absolute reversal in what he was previously saying. It's baffling. 

Yeah I saw that. He basically had his own version of "I didn't have sexual relations with that woman".  God! I love you Karma!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Yeah I saw that. He basically had his own version of "I didn't have sexual relations with that woman".  God! I love you Karma!

He belongs in the same place as former congressman Dennis Hastert, who was molesting young boys at the same time he was moralizing about Monica Lewinsky and wrapping himself in motherhood, apple pie and the flag. I'm fairly certain that Dante had a special level for people like that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Eagleisland said:

He belongs in the same place as former congressman Dennis Hastert, who was molesting young boys at the same time he was moralizing about Monica Lewinsky and wrapping himself in motherhood, apple pie and the flag. I'm fairly certain that Dante had a special level for people like that. 

One can only hope,

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2