Star Telegram's Take On RV's Resignation.

19 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

What is clear is the banner mattered to the media. That is why we are seeing the banner referred to and pictured in articles. The media influence opinion. 

Hold up. Now we should accept what is presented to us in the media? That's not your usual stance. Shouldn't I wait until all the facts are out? @Brett Vito can you ask @Glad To Be Green if the banner influenced his decision to resign? If the answer is "Yes" please follow up and ask why it took so long after to make the decision. I'm sure all the "Hattiesburg Hustler" douchery influenced him as well...ask about that too.

Edited by UNT Five&Dime
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

11 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Well, that's doing something. Congrats.

I recently signed up for a internet message board on healthcare and medicine.

everyday I make multiple posts about how bad cancer is...how much I hate cancer...how much I want cancer to go away. I make these posts in all of the cancer-related threads and all those with nothing to do with cancer.

see you all in Oslo when I collect my Nobel Prize for curing cancer

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 4

13 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Come on, now. Don't be a sore loser. Let's kiss and make up.

Loser?  The result is also what I wanted, but, as my Dad used to say, there is more than one way to skin a cat.  We differed on the manner of skinning, and I don't run around insuring everyone knows that my point of view is always right.  May I suggest ice for the shoulder?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

Hold up. Now we should accept what is presented to us in the media? That's not your usual stance. Shouldn't I wait until all the facts are out? @Brett Vito can you ask @Glad To Be Green if the banner influenced his decision to resign? If the answer is "Yes" please follow up to and ask why it took so long after to make the decision. I'm sure all the "Hattiesburg Hustler" douchery influenced him as well...ask about that too.

He didn't resign, he was fired. When you resign, you aren't payed the final 2 years of a contract. 

You mad, bro?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, Censored by Laurie said:

everyday I make multiple posts about how bad cancer is...how much I hate cancer...how much I want cancer to go away. I make these posts in all of the cancer-related threads and all those with nothing to do with cancer.

If you start a gofundme to fly a banner saying "Cancer sucks" over St. Jude's, I'll chip in $50.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

No you didn't. You have never had that level of commitment...

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If you start a gofundme to fly a banner saying "Cancer sucks" over St. Jude's, I'll chip in $50.

Glad to see you finally get off your ass.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Loser?  The result is also what I wanted, but, as my Dad used to say, there is more than one way to skin a cat.  We differed on the manner of skinning, and I don't run around insuring everyone knows that my point of view is always right.  May I suggest ice for the shoulder?

It pains so many that something I was merely involved with may have had a minor affect on RV's firing. 

Thats kinda funny.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

and you are able to comb the internet for a handful of links that mention your banner.

You either get this or you don't.

Nope....all I had to do was open the sports page this morning.  There was a small headline, a mention of failure and the banner.  Very little else.  Then I pulled up the online version which had more details and it mentions the banner TWICE.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

He didn't resign, he was fired. When you resign, you aren't payed the final 2 years of a contract. 

Just quoting the article that you find accurately represents what happened.

After a 1-11 football season that included a group of North Texas fans paying to fly a “Fire Rick Villarreal” banner over Apogee Stadium, the school’s longtime athletic director resigned Monday....

1 minute ago, FirefightnRick said:

gmg.com this morning.

All You Reporters Quit Reporting About The Banner!  I Didn't Contribute To It And Feel Like I Missed Out.  Quit Making Me Feel Feel Like I Missed Out!!!!!

Rick

What did you win for contributing? I'd like to know what I'm missing out on. Just sounds like an invitation to a new circle jerk from you yahoos.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, wardly said:

Boys," the king is dead,long live the king." It really makes no difference regarding the "how and why." What we need to do, in my opinion. is put our past differences behind us andmove forward. GO EAGLES!

Such a dilema.  If you use snakes to kill all the rats, pretty soon you will have a snake problem.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

Just quoting the article that you find accurately represents what happened.

Why you mad, bro?

It was obviously negotiated that he could claim "resigning." Apparently his agent is better at negotiating contract buy outs than the Hattiesburg Hustler is at negotiating OOC home games, eh?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

What did you win for contributing? I'd like to know what I'm missing out on. Just sounds like an invitation to a new circle jerk from you yahoos.

Wow...

Would it make you feel better if I take the mentions of the banner out of my original post above?  I mean, I can't do anything about the on line link or the thousands of copies that were delivered to doorsteps across the region.  But I can do that for you here if it'll help you step down off the ledge?

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, wardly said:

Boys," the king is dead,long live the king." It really makes no difference regarding the "how and why." What we need to do, in my opinion. is put our past differences behind us andmove forward. GO EAGLES!

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

Wow. Just how close of friends were you and RV?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

39 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Come on, now. Don't be a sore loser. Let's kiss and make up.

So a Lifer/90 make out sesh to kick off the presser for the new AD? Not my bag, but if you guys are down I'm sure Smats and the new AD would be cool with it.

200.gif

6 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Wow...

Would it make you feel better if I take the mentions of the banner out of my original post above?  I mean, I can't do anything about the on line link or the thousands of copies that were delivered to doorsteps across the region.  But I can do that for you here if it'll help you step down off the ledge?

Rick

I'll admit the formatting made it appear you were emphasizing the banner in your quote. I didn't follow the link to see that it was in blue on ST's site. Regardless, you and 90 are making the claim the banner had something to do with RV leaving, and trying to tell me I'm missing out on something by not contributing. I'm sure it didn't and I know I'm not missing out on anything.

5 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Wow. Just how close of friends were you and RV?

Just friends. Not "friends" like you and the other Rick are.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1