MGB: UNT recruiting about to pick up, DeBiase in town, junior day info

Brett Vito

Put me in the camp that gives zero shits about whether Debiase was reclassified.  He didn't commit when he had a chance and it is time to move on.  He is like that decent looking girl in class that you asked out and she passed thinking she would get the school's QB only to realize he thought she was ugly....then she came back asking if the date offer was still valid.  Isn't that how the story went Chris Wilkes?

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

so this must have happen to you?

Not really.  I never had the balls to ask out anything other than a sure thing...but honestly I wasn't trying to date anyone in high school.  I went to parties and had good times but wasn't trying to be in the dating scene at that point.  This just sounds exactly like a teenage drama movie.

You guys ever consider that maybe the coaches and Dibiase decided together that it would be best for him to reclassify? He wouldn't have played this year anyway because of Morris, what is wrong with him coming in a year later? He and Shanbour appear to be close so I'm all for bringing him in here. Don't start acting like we are the type of program that can turn away quality quarterbacks. Did you even watch this team last year? I'm all for loading up on quality quarterbacks because right now, we have few.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I'm fine with DiBiase shifting to the class of 2017.  He may be competing with even more talented quarterbacks and his chances of being selected will be even dimmer.  However, due to the loss of Morris and the possible moving of Chumley to wide receiver, it's possible that two quarterbacks will be chosen since Shanbour will be a senior. 

It's Littrell and/or Harrell's call so if they're good with it so am I.  It's okay to have an opinion but think positive first until you see who he will competing against.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

You guys ever consider that maybe the coaches and Dibiase decided together that it would be best for him to reclassify? He wouldn't have played this year anyway because of Morris, what is wrong with him coming in a year later? He and Shanbour appear to be close so I'm all for bringing him in here. Don't start acting like we are the type of program that can turn away quality quarterbacks. Did you even watch this team last year? I'm all for loading up on quality quarterbacks because right now, we have few.

The more quality QBs we have the better. Been saying that for years.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

I find it distasteful to see on a message board negative opinions expressed about ANY recruit that is coming to visit our campus. Appreciate the last few posts offering a voice of reason. We do enough on this board to highjack the efforts of this program through the constant trashing of the AD, and by inference, anyone who was ever hired by him. Let's give the coaches the opportunity to do their jobs, at least until they give us reason that they can't.

Flame away....

GMG

Not to solidify your comment, but the constant thrashing has validity to it bc he sucks and the coaches he has hired are losers. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 11

59 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Littrell and his staff are losers?  Wow.

Past tense. We do not know the outcome of the current hire. We know what his previous hires presented on the field and the hardwood. And they were/are in fact losers. 

45 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Look at the source of the comment, then determine who the loser is! GMG

The source? You're a freakin' known RV supporter and you have the audacity to comment on source. We have unarguably the worst AD in FBS and you vocally show unwavering support to it. Yet, you state something of this nature? ooooooook, pal. 

• Downvote 3

14 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not to solidify your comment, but the constant thrashing has validity to it bc he sucks and the coaches he has hired are losers. 

I look forward to not seeing you at any of the athletic functions! I am sure you can find some guys to hang out with on Saturedays? Welllllll maybe not!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Past tense. We do not know the outcome of the current hire. We know what his previous hires presented on the field and the hardwood. And they were/are in fact losers. 

The source? You're a freakin' known RV supporter and you have the audacity to comment on source. We have unarguably the worst AD in FBS and you vocally show unwavering support to it. Yet, you state something of this nature? ooooooook, pal. 

U don't know me! I to believed he should be fired. You comment was on coaches! Oh and isn't the title concerning recruiting?

• Downvote 1

My comment was not on the current coaches. It was on the long list of coaches in most sports before the Littrell hire. And make no mistake, the jury is just finding a seat on the current regime. I know that you have came on here and have shown support of RV. I am sure I have used one of my "gtfo" comments directed towards you after one of your such comments (and no Cerebus, I wasn't currently telling him to gtfo). And I don't care what the thread title is. RV is detrimental to the success of North Texas. Agree with it or get out of the way. He must go. That is the only narrative that needs to surround this University or athletic department until he is forced out. 

• Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

My comment was not on the current coaches. It was on the long list of coaches in most sports before the Littrell hire. And make no mistake, the jury is just finding a seat on the current regime. I know that you have came on here and have shown support of RV. I am sure I have used one of my "gtfo" comments directed towards you after one of your such comments (and no Cerebus, I wasn't currently telling him to gtfo). And I don't care what the thread title is. RV is detrimental to the success of North Texas. Agree with it or get out of the way. He must go. That is the only narrative that needs to surround this University or athletic department until he is forced out. 

The stalking thing is starting to freak me out! Gtggtffoogg? U mean gtmo!