GAME ON! CHEER BB CLASSIC!

KRAM1

49 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

thor is a cancer to his team... lol, bad lighting, bad rims no three point line and the beer is warm.

My beer is never warm...get that shiatt right!  

A basketball player adjusts to different courts and situations...a prima Donna can only play in the perfect setting...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, THOR said:

My beer is never warm...get that shiatt right!  

A basketball player adjusts to different courts and situations...a prima Donna can only play in the perfect setting...

A lot can go into what affects how people play. The ball, the accessories etc... It's true but I am old and not in shape like I use to be so I am going to rely on my teammates and my basketball IQ. Plus I cannot dribble worth a squat.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Well....I got a surprise regarding the court on Wednesday.   Going to be even more interesting.  We shall carry on.  May need a different court next year.  I won't spoil the surprise here...just be prepared for changes. Andrew is going to love it!  Ha!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Well....I got a surprise regarding the court on Wednesday.   Going to be even more interesting.  We shall carry on.  May need a different court next year.  I won't spoil the surprise here...just be prepared for changes. Andrew is going to love it!  Ha!

I am ready. I can walk this year! Hoping somebody on our team is a runner! My boy Paul atleast had length. Should be close but I do think we will win. I will take it as truth since not many other people have said otherwise :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

chainlink nets?

wooden backboards?

random volleyball poles stuck on the court?

13 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I am worried about the whole jogging up and down the court deal.. Quite possibly could be the most out of shape I have ever been in my life.

it will be a smooth stroll for me.  

Edit: stroll = brisk walk 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, That_Guy_Arlo said:

I was running out of breath just from shooting around the other day while at the rec center. If I don't vomit on the court I'll consider it a victory.

well you got me beat with that word alone!!

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

Remember if you have a basketball to bring it. Shoot around is Showing up is important to warm up to the court and the goal

Still hoping to see NT90 there. Atleast he does usually participate unlike some people on here. 

WELP I must be a hack I dont even own a basketball. Fixed

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, THOR said:

ahhhh...another classic gmg basketball game full of hacks and bad play...gonna be awesome!!!

i haven't shot a ball since last year...not really priority for me...

I call BS beer pong shooting counts! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I am betting the floor is refinished and the lighting was updated.  

DING DING DING on the refinished floor thing......but wait for it...there are no lines for basketball any longer!!!!  Surprise!  Gonna be a street brawl!  I am lobbying hard for them to allow us to use some court tape to indicate things like the free throw line, lane, out of bounds, mid-court, etc.  But, the folks in facilities are being rather stubborn about their newly refinished floor.  I am holding out hope for some tape.  But, we have all played on a playground and that works...we will have fun and make this do whatever happens.  It isn't the NCAA finals after all.  Next year we will work on getting the old men's gym across from the Super Pit.  There are some scheduling issues in that gym, but it is actually a basketball gym.

OK, everyone take a deep breath and smile.  Stuff happens and we found out too late to do anything about it for this year.  Just think how long THOR can stay in the lane if we cannot put tape down?

Also...the refs will have the final say on such things as lane violations, out of bounds, etc.  Trash talking is allowed...yelling at our volunteer refs IS NOT!  So, prepare for a fun time...let the GAME Begin.  See everyone tomorrow...you are special people to step up and help provide some scholarship dollars for some of our hard working student-athletes!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

I call BS beer pong shooting counts! 

if we count that, i'm not scoring at all in the bball game (which will probably happen anyway due to tallpaul saying he is going to shut me down during the game)...i prefer to lose so i can drink more...

golf and bowling are the only sports i get better at the more i drink...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

DING DING DING on the refinished floor thing......but wait for it...there are no lines for basketball any longer!!!!  Surprise!  Gonna be a street brawl!  I am lobbying hard for them to allow us to use some court tape to indicate things like the free throw line, lane, out of bounds, mid-court, etc.  But, the folks in facilities are being rather stubborn about their newly refinished floor.  I am holding out hope for some tape.  But, we have all played on a playground and that works...we will have fun and make this do whatever happens.  It isn't the NCAA finals after all.  Next year we will work on getting the old men's gym across from the Super Pit.  There are some scheduling issues in that gym, but it is actually a basketball gym.

OK, everyone take a deep breath and smile.  Stuff happens and we found out too late to do anything about it for this year.  Just think how long THOR can stay in the lane if we cannot put tape down?

Also...the refs will have the final say on such things as lane violations, out of bounds, etc.  Trash talking is allowed...yelling at our volunteer refs IS NOT!  So, prepare for a fun time...let the GAME Begin.  See everyone tomorrow...you are special people to step up and help provide some scholarship dollars for some of our hard working student-athletes!

if that's where the keg is, i'll bring a chair and just set up shop...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I understand the thought process behind being protective of putting tape down.  When our courts would get re-done i was a Nazi for about 2 months with kids walking on the floor with boots/ non basketball/volleyball shoes.

God help the person who tries to get in the way of a cheer momma!

15 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

Fixed.

you're just jealous of my mad drinking skills...

but then again...you're probably right...

edit:  being in the computer lab all day long at school makes for some serious gmg reading and posting...i need a beer...

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 1