UNT 2016 National Signing Day Press Conference Thoughts

NTAlum09

Just about every ESPN interview that I have seen where the media is asking questions a mike is not  passed  out  so we don't have a clue what was asked.It might be understandable if there was a gaggle of reporters making it hard to pass a mike around,but this was hardly the case.I never thought I would agree with Ben Gooding on anything, but for a University that offers a degree in communications this was beyond pitiful.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

This athletic department...Whew. It's just so, so bad. 

Do they not know how to make "quality improvements" in these press conferences?  Is there anyone on that staff

that watches these things, then makes changes so the next one will be better?  Lordy, Malcom Baldridge would be rolling over in his grave!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, DeepGreen said:

Do they not know how to make "quality improvements" in these press conferences?  Is there anyone on that staff

that watches these things, then makes changes so the next one will be better?  Lordy, Malcom Baldridge would be rolling over in his grave!

The answer is obviously no to all questions above. The productions are ran very similar to how the athletic department is ran in general. I would be embarrassed to put out a product like that to the point of I'd rather not have it then have it this way. If you are going to do something, regardless of what it is, own what you are doing and doing it at the highest level of possibility. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, DeepGreen said:

I was in school with Steven Bartolotta who introduced coach Litrell to start this press conference and he worked for me at KNTU and has a degree in RTVF.  He knows what to do.  No excuse.  

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

If he coaches like Belichick he could walk up to the microphone and fart in it every time he has to address the media for all I care

Even a triple flutter-blast!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Is it just me or is Littrell like the complete opposite of Mac?  Littrell gives shorter, more direct and to the point answers.  Mac would take a question and go on for days.  Just a completely different vibe.

Once you cut out the IOWAIOWAIOWA and FLAFLAFLA related talk, their responses are about the same.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1