16' JUCO DT Dequinton Osborne (Kilgore JC)

TheReal_jayD

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

So the lesson is, even Mac's staff knew who some of the players they needed to succeed were.  The challenge is landing them and in Brooks' case getting them to stay.  I believe that defensive tackle is probably the MOST important position next to QB in terms of differentiating the G5 programs.  Look at the best G5 programs and they have talent at DTackle and on the d-line.

Yeah its easy to identify some good players, but if you dont get them you have to be able to develop what you have or get. The previous staff couldn't develop players and they had trouble evaluating under the radar talent.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

No shame in that.  Good luck to him.

With the recent allegations of football players doing heinous things and administrative looking the other way or not doing anything, I wouldn't say no shame in going to baylor...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

• 4 months later...
19 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

Do we have any slots free for this guy to come into the program, if he gets his release from his LOI with Baylor(I'm assuming he signed.)

Or anyway we could get this guy onto the team this year if all the slots are full? Can't image this guy with English and Hoston..

I would imagine BU is not going to enforce the LOI if a kid wants out! Fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

was just about to post this... Do we know the options these guys that signed LOI have to get out them?

It sounds like many of the parents are petitioning the NCAA but I think Baylor holds the cards now that the LOI's have been signed.  See below for example:

Someone I believe posted on one of the posts on here, that the NCAA may step in and allow kids to transfer.. But I'm not sure if this is true.. But would be great to see us pick up Dequinton...

Also, if he were able to get released from his LOI, do we even have an open slot for him this year? and if we don't is there a way that we could create one?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

It sounds like many of the parents are petitioning the NCAA but I think Baylor holds the cards now that the LOI's have been signed.  See below for example:

If the staff was ever asked about the allegations and they said it was a non issue, you might be able to introduce some type of misrepresentation!  Go to the press go to the press!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1