Keith Frazier

KRAM1

Even with all the drama surrounding this kid, anyone else think he would look really good in Mean Green green?

Reports are that his grades are in order, but he just had a difficult time handling all the negative press about the NCAA sanctions, his high school grade scandal, etc.. So, Coach Evans....here is a chance for you to go get one of the area's most talented players and mentor him through these "troubled waters".

What do you think?  Heck, UNT seems to be getting some great recruiting news in football and women's basketball these days.  Maybe that can spill over into the men's basketball world as well.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I stopped by your board again as I plan to go to the UNT vs. Western Kentucky game 1/16 and I saw your Frazier thread. 

The Keith situation has many layers. Keith is absolutely adored by the SMU fan base. If you've ever been to a game at Moody you could quickly see that. But Larry had to coddle Keith his entire time at SMU. He is a very passionate guy, and he is constantly being pulled in different directions by people in his circle. So, the combination of the NCAA investigation, injuries, losing his starting job to a freshman and the outside pressures became too much. He finally blew up and left Larry no choice. It's too bad because he was still an important guy coming of the bench for the 15th ranked team in the country. 

All that said, GMG24 is right, pass on that thought. Plus, it's very likely he won't play in college again anywhere. Larry is trying to help him find a pro team in Europe which tells you how much Coach cares about the young man. 

I'm looking forward to my first game at UNT next Saturday. Hopefully it will be a good game. In the meantime, I'm nervous as hell about tomorrow night - SMU vs. Cincinnati at Moody. It's going to be a tough one. 
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, MJavierSMU said:

I stopped by your board again as I plan to go to the UNT vs. Western Kentucky game 1/16 and I saw your Frazier thread. 

The Keith situation has many layers. Keith is absolutely adored by the SMU fan base. If you've ever been to a game at Moody you could quickly see that. But Larry had to coddle Keith his entire time at SMU. He is a very passionate guy, and he is constantly being pulled in different directions by people in his circle. So, the combination of the NCAA investigation, injuries, losing his starting job to a freshman and the outside pressures became too much. He finally blew up and left Larry no choice. It's too bad because he was still an important guy coming of the bench for the 15th ranked team in the country. 

All that said, GMG24 is right, pass on that thought. Plus, it's very likely he won't play in college again anywhere. Larry is trying to help him find a pro team in Europe which tells you how much Coach cares about the young man. 

I'm looking forward to my first game at UNT next Saturday. Hopefully it will be a good game. In the meantime, I'm nervous as hell about tomorrow night - SMU vs. Cincinnati at Moody. It's going to be a tough one. 

If I didn't have a game to coach I would be using my coaches pass and getting two free tickets.  Love the atmosphere at Moody.  With good bball to boot, one day maybe UNT can return to good basketball and a fun atmosphere. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

If I didn't have a game to coach I would be using my coaches pass and getting two free tickets.  Love the atmosphere at Moody.  With good bball to boot, one day maybe UNT can return to good basketball and a fun atmosphere. 

I appreciate the thought. My girlfriend already got us tickets. I watched one of your games on ESPN3 a couple of weeks ago. You have talent on your roster but I know things haven't been great under Benford. It's so hit or miss when hiring assistants as a HC. We interviewed Benford after Doherty left.

BTW, congrats on the Littrell hire. I think that was an excellent choice. I heard an interview with him and came away impressed.

Edited by MJavierSMU
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MJavierSMU said:

I appreciate the thought. My girlfriend already got us tickets. I watched one of your games on ESPN3 a couple of weeks ago. You have talent on your roster but I know things haven't been great under Benford. It's so hit or miss when hiring assistants as a HC. We interviewed Benford after Doherty left.

BTW, congrats on the Littrell hire. I think that was an excellent choice. I heard an interview with him and came away impressed.

Thanks, I meant tickets for me not you. lol but Benford has assembled a fairly talented young group (finally) with a good signee for this class.  He hasn't done enough to be retained past his contract and will probably get the boot this year.  I appreciate the nice words.  Good to hear from a SMU fan who understands things a little bit. 

2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Thanks, I meant tickets for me not you. lol but Benford has assembled a fairly talented young group (finally) with a good signee for this class.  He hasn't done enough to be retained past his contract and will probably get the boot this year.  I appreciate the nice words.  Good to hear from a SMU fan who understands things a little bit. 

LOL! Okay. I thought that was a really nice gesture. 

The great thing about basketball is things can turn around quickly under the right coach. If a change is made there, I hope you land a good one. There is always one out there, just gotta find him. 

• Upvote 1