Fritz' 2nd Year FBS Triple Option In The GoDaddy Bowl

FirefightnRick

you both realized that a lot of teams in college football run a variation of triple option...? Tons of Zone Read teams haven he give, pull or keep and grow the PA pass?  That may be to modern for you old geezers!!  ;) 

Dabbling into the read option into a offensive philosophy is not a variation of the triple option. Just stop it. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Dabbling into the read option into a offensive philosophy is not a variation of the triple option. Just stop it. 

ok. 

It is option football dude. I know it may be above your head but having the give/pull makes it option football creating a 3rd option such as adding a dive back and adding a pitch man is NO different than having an lot bubble and outside WR run a slant. Sorry that may be too far above you to grasp, but it's the same concept just called different stuff. Defense still has to be gap sound! 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

you both realized that a lot of teams in college football run a variation of triple option...? Tons of Zone Read teams have the give, pull or keep and throw the PA pass?  That may be to modern for you old geezers!!  ;) 

Look, I didn't want Fritz because of the offense he ran. I wanted him because he won everywhere he coached, and many of those places didn't win before he got there. He could have run the single wing or the spread. Didn't care. Because he won.

That said, it was a rookie coach mistake to mock the triple option by Littrell. He probably didn't even realize he had to play one in 2016 when he made the comment. It will be interesting to see the results on Oct. 22. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Interesting that we all(or most on this board) want a spread them out, run and gun, throw the ball offense because that's what high schoolers run nowadays.  Funny, the players from Georgia Southern were just fine, happy, and excited running that ancient old triple option, and winning their first ever bowl game in the process!!  Against a pretty salty Bowling Green team.

• Upvote 1

I think the overreaction back to "we must have a young coordinator who runs the spread" was stupid and candidate limiting. Hopefully we hit on a guy who succeeds despite the flawed search. History says that is unlikely, to be kind. 

It smacks of overreacting RV and/or overreacting big money donors.

Hope I'm wrong. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

When did Littrell mock the triple option? Honest question.

In his press conference he called over to RV and while looking at him to let him know that something to the effect of..."sorry but we're gonna run the triple option"...  To which the whole room got a good Ha Ha Ha belly laugh out of it.  So obviously it had been discussed prior.

Rick

• Upvote 1

ok. 

It is option football dude. I know it may be above your head but having the give/pull makes it option football creating a 3rd option such as adding a dive back and adding a pitch man is NO different than having an lot bubble and outside WR run a slant. Sorry that may be too far above you to grasp, but it's the same concept just called different stuff. Defense still has to be gap sound! 

The implementation of it is the difference. Not just running it on a semi regular basis, but having it as your meat and potatoes. When it is THE philosophy there are so many different looks that can be designed rather than it just being a small part of the philosophy. There is a world of difference. And rest assured, there is nothing that you will say that will be above my head. 

• Upvote 1

The implementation of it is the difference. Not just running it on a semi regular basis, but having it as your meat and potatoes. When it is THE philosophy there are so many different looks that can be designed rather than it just being a small part of the philosophy. There is a world of difference. And rest assured, there is nothing that you will say that will be above my head. 

No it is not, but if that makes you feel better then go ahead.  you are the egotistical ________ that no one cares for. You have all the answers and no one else is ever right. Please move along somewhere else. Go cheer for ATM that fan base suits you more. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

No it is not, but if that makes you feel better then go ahead.  you are the egotistical ________ that no one cares for. You have all the answers and no one else is ever right. Please move along somewhere else. Go cheer for ATM that fan base suits you more. 

OK. You're wrong. Deal with it. It's nothing similar. Aren't you some kind of coach? Shouldn't you know better? 

Oh, and ask me how many shits I give about what I am thought of on here. Hint: less than 1. As for all the answers, no. But my answer to this bogus discussion is that you are in fact wrong and I am right. You are schemeatically comparing Navy, Ga Tech and Ga Southern to when some plain jane team throws in the read option as a wrinkle. Just not the way it is. Get blue in the face upset, still doesn't change it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

OK. You're wrong. Deal with it. It's nothing similar. Aren't you some kind of coach? Shouldn't you know better? 

Oh, and ask me how many shits I give about what I am thought of on here. Hint: less than 1. As for all the answers, no. But my answer to this bogus discussion is that you are in fact wrong and I am right. You are schemeatically comparing Navy, Ga Tech and Ga Southern to when some plain jane team throws in the read option as a wrinkle. Just not the way it is. Get blue in the face upset, still doesn't change it. 

haha, yes I am a coach. Been in the business for 8 years. Trying to talk X's and O's with people like you is impossible. Thanks for reminding me. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 5

Uhhgggggh no triple option.  I felt like I was watching a more polished mac offense.  At least ga southern had an identity and I am glad they won but keep that offense out of Denton.  We live in big 12 country and am glad we will play big 12 style football.  

Go Mean Green!!!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1