Our Reality

H-towngreen

Honestly, I am not worried.  I think Dodge's first class was his best and he had less time than Littrell with have to complete his class.  I also like what we redshirted last year.  Then again, I am a firm believer in not grading a class until their junior year.  You have to remember, nobody has signed yet, just committed.  We can potentially flip a few and be fine.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I am not worried.  I think Dodge's first class was his best and he had less time than Littrell with have to complete his class.  I also like what we redshirted last year.  Then again, I am a firm believer in not grading a class until their junior year.  You have to remember, nobody has signed yet, just committed.  We can potentially flip a few and be fine.

Would you really want kids who would flip commitments though? Do we really want kids who aren't men of their word?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Would you really want kids who would flip commitments though? Do we really want kids who aren't men of their word?

Touche'.  Only when they leave us!

I do prefer young men that keep their word, but all is fair in love and war and this is love of UNT and war against the other bastard schools!

• Upvote 3

Doesnt bother me.

You offer a kid who committed out of state and now has a chance to stay home. Id be okay with that flip. What if a recruit likes Littrell more and actually takes a visit and falls in love with UNT? Id be okay with that flip. A lot of old men have a problem with kids flipping commitment, but its about them and whats best for them. The guys we'd be flipping probably arent the attention grabber 5 stars. They are the guys who want whats best for them. 

• Upvote 2

Touche'.  Only when they leave us!

I do prefer young men that keep their word, but all is fair in love and war and this is love of UNT and war against the other bastard schools!

Just messing with you. Everyone loves the kids who commit early and turn down offers to reopen their recruiting. Problem is there's so much pressure to commit early, yet so much change can occur during a kid's senior season, both internally and externally.

For example, kids committed to other schools before we had Seth Littrell. Their opportunity to commit to him is now, and I hope we see a lot of that. 

• Upvote 3

Second class in 2008. First was 2007 and horrible. 

Just messing with you. Everyone loves the kids who commit early and turn down offers to reopen their recruiting. Problem is there's so much pressure to commit early, yet so much change can occur during a kid's senior season, both internally and externally.

For example, kids committed to other schools before we had Seth Littrell. Their opportunity to commit to him is now, and I hope we see a lot of that. 

No worries.  I preach keeping their word, so I deserve the shot when I talk about flipping.  Just flip TO us.

I think, given the limited amount of time available and the fact that we're working short handed... Anyone already committed is probably not going to be a target of our new staff. So, my guess would be that anybody verballed elsewhere at this point who may end up signing with us is very likely to have initiated the process. 

We don't have enough time to try and be homewreckers. But I'm always willing to be a halfway house for a confused, talented player who decided for themselves that they needed a different option.