UNT coach talk on the Ticket at 0815

UNT90

Doubt he breaks any news...  I predict he will talk about how awesome these 2 known candidates are and how it impacts tcu more than unt.

But I always love it when Georgy talks unt...  even thought he constantly gets kicked in the crotch because of it.

man, I haven't posted on here in a long long time.  Can't stand the negativity or the inept ticket office.  Hopefully sunnier days are ahead...I'm gonna go back into hibernation again.  After they have a new coach, will they clean house on the ticket office?  I would really like to start another decent streak as a season ticket owner that was broken 2 years ago...

• Upvote 6

Doubt he breaks any news...  I predict he will talk about how awesome these 2 known candidates are and how it impacts tcu more than unt.

But I always love it when Georgy talks unt...  even thought he constantly gets kicked in the crotch because of it.

man, I haven't posted on here in a long long time.  Can't stand the negativity or the inept ticket office.  Hopefully sunnier days are ahead...I'm gonna go back into hibernation again.  After they have a new coach, will they clean house on the ticket office?  I would really like to start another decent streak as a season ticket owner that was broken 2 years ago...

Well, the AD will still be here, so...

"I think they may end up hiring Seth Littrell" - George Dunham

Taken completely out of context, of course. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Breaking news, my fat ars will be watching the UNC v Clemson game.  I bet that is the final thing that sways Littrell to coach at U of NT.

I don't know if this has been posted....but meh

Recruiting recruiting recruiting:

http://247sports.com/Coach/Seth-Littrell-161/AllTimeRecruits

What?  No 5 start recruits?  Only lowly 4 star recruits?  Pfft!  He stinks.  

I want a push that with this new Coach, whoever it is, that George get the first interview w/ him on The Ticket. I would even mind a Norm interview. 

I highly doubt norm would do anything unt on his show.  I've emailed him on unt football in the past, and he has not been very positive in his responses.  He does respond every time.  I doubt he would spend any air time on our alma mater though...  unless we had some sort of undefeated season going...even then, he'd emphasize the "mutts" that we were playing etc... 

Here's most of the 11-minute segment on The Ticket:

http://workbench.cadenhead.org/media/musers-on-coach-hires-2015-12-01.mp3

They stop talking about UNT pretty quickly and segue into hiring situations in general.

Dunham: "It has not been decided. ... Last I heard, they're still negotiating and still trying to figure out which way they're going. I think they may end up hiring Seth Littrell."

The head of the ticket office has already been relieved of her duties.  A focus is definitely on fixing the challenges that have been the UNT ticket office.  We can all keep our fingers crossed that, in fact, emphasis is placed on customer service within the ticket office in the coming weeks/months.  Because UNT is a state entity there will be the not uncommon overly long period of time before a replacement can be hired.  But, the focus is definitely on the ticket office at the current time.  If you may have noticed, the folks working in that office now already seem to be doing a better job in the customer service arena.  Once a new head is selected and perhaps a new full-time employee or two is hired, I suspect we will all notice a new and improved ticket office.  Those working there now, in this period of transition, are trying to do their best and improve.  Seems to me, progress is being made...heck, I even heard a great comment about the service a gentleman received recently in attempting to re-locate his season basketball seat locations.  I think once new leadership is in place, we will see a much improved operation.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The head of the ticket office has already been relieved of her duties.  A focus is definitely on fixing the challenges that have been the UNT ticket office.  We can all keep our fingers crossed that, in fact, emphasis is placed on customer service within the ticket office in the coming weeks/months.  Because UNT is a state entity there will be the not uncommon overly long period of time before a replacement can be hired.  But, the focus is definitely on the ticket office at the current time.  If you may have noticed, the folks working in that office now already seem to be doing a better job in the customer service arena.  Once a new head is selected and perhaps a new full-time employee or two is hired, I suspect we will all notice a new and improved ticket office.  Those working there now, in this period of transition, are trying to do their best and improve.  Seems to me, progress is being made...heck, I even heard a great comment about the service a gentleman received recently in attempting to re-locate his season basketball seat locations.  I think once new leadership is in place, we will see a much improved operation.

Wating until something is completely broke before addressing the problem. A staple of the RV administration. See basketball.

Or did Pres. Samtresk have to step in and take care of this, also? 

Wating until something is completely broke before addressing the problem. A staple of the RV administration. See basketball.

Or did Pres. Samtresk have to step in and take care of this, also? 

God I hope so. My interactions with some of them have never been pleasant and I never understood why it went on so poorly for so long.  

heck, I even heard a great comment about the service a gentleman received recently in attempting to re-locate his season basketball seat locations. 

The only relocation people should be seeking as far as basketball is concerned is trying to relocate the money used to pre-purchase the plan back into their wallet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wasn't expecting to hear much UNT talk on The Ticket this morning, despite both George and Junior being UNT grads. Junior treats his alma mater like a crazy ex-girlfriend he's afraid will come back into his life if he mentions her, and George acts like his feelings for UNT are the love that dare not speak its name.

Are there any hosts in the massive sea of sports radio in DFW who would devote an entire radio segment to UNT?

Thank you for the info.

This is good news...with my kids moving into sports age, it will still be tough, but I would be much more willing to give it a go if I am not dealing with some people that can't figure out how to finish their part corporate gift matching...  sad thing is, I don't even had gift matching anymore as I have moved on to new employment.  I'm just still pissed at the lack of understanding that they f'ed it up, I found the solution after trying for 15 minutes, and then I was told that I had the option to buy tickets that year if I paid for their mistake.  Nitardy was the one who offered me the "deal". 

mean green matt had a TOTALLY different experience trying to move his football seats saturday...

Edited by THOR

I heard reasons as to why that dismissal took so long.  Yay politics!  I hope the replacement gets things ship shape because this has been my absolutely biggest gripe.  I'm sick of getting my money misallocated, my tickets getting lost, the staff in the ticket office treating me like they're doing ME a favor for giving THEM money, the pulling teeth with a wooden spoon difficulty of buying extra game tickets, the utter impossibility of buying away game tickets (it truly pained me to hand over cash to the SMU ticket office).  The customer service has been some of the worst I've ever seen.  I'd hire the semi-toothless illiterate staff at my local Braum's who seem incapable of understanding that you don't put ice cream on a burger over some of these jerks that have been working there the past, oh, how long have I been here...eight years.

Edit:  On that, I feel compelled to give accolades where they are due.  Reggie Johnson has absolutely been the man.  He's personally made almost all my troubles go away. There seems to be a disconnect with some higher up donors who disagree with me on this.  I say Reggie relates to us m-f'ing peons and takes care of us like we count.  He needs to stick around.  He's the ONLY ticket/AD person who consistently provides superior service, and he provides it with a smile and a thank you.

Multiple edits because some of my spelling and grammar were atrocious.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1