Breaking News: Rick Villarreal will in fact be leading the hiring process alone. No committee formed

MGNation92

I think Dan McCarney was a good hire as well. When you look at APR, grades etc McCarney held the team accountable and turned some dysfunctional Dodge recruits into Champions, increased the overall GPA and got us back to full 85 ships AND insisted freshman orientation roll through the stadium to help generate student interest, excitement etc. Now, unfortunately he didn't stick the landing and had to go. But he did a tremendous amount to pull us out of the Dodge debacle. The next guy has to maintain all that Mac did PLUS win consistently 

He failed at recruiting

He never beat a team with a record over .500 on the road

He led us to the worst defeat in FBS history

His teams consistently looked unprepared for road games

He had no clue what he was doing at the QB position. He rode with McNulty all the way to his firing.

He held the team accountable, but not himself.

He complained to the fans about it being hard.

According to RV he had all the tools to be successfull, but why wasnt he? Why did a good hire get fired so quickly? Why did a good hire get treated with disrespect? 

What exactly is RV's definition of a good hire? Any hire not made by a committee? 

• Upvote 4

I think Dan McCarney was a good hire as well. When you look at APR, grades etc McCarney held the team accountable and turned some dysfunctional Dodge recruits into Champions, increased the overall GPA and got us back to full 85 ships AND insisted freshman orientation roll through the stadium to help generate student interest, excitement etc. Now, unfortunately he didn't stick the landing and had to go. But he did a tremendous amount to pull us out of the Dodge debacle. The next guy has to maintain all that Mac did PLUS win consistently 

Didn't Dodge also have some academic problems he had to clean up from Dickey? I seem to recall we were losing scholarships during Dodge's reign, but they were from leftover issues from Dickey's time.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 2

What exactly is RV's definition of a good hire? Any hire not made by a committee? 

Basically, yeah. said Benford is a good coach multiple times on Harry's podcast, including last night, called Dodge a good hire, called Mccarney a good hire, and I guarantee he would (I think he already has) say the same thing about Peterson, because he had "good" records at previous jobs.

RV says there's no committee.  I wonder if the President has a different opinion?  His comments just reek of trying to cover his butt and over stating his importance.  The arrogance RV displays should be a major red flag for the powers of the University. 

Yes, this.  I still think there's a decent chance he's gone soon.

• Upvote 1