My choice as new head coach ...

bdan2002

... Butch Davis. I think this is the kind of hire we need right now - he can recruit the right kind of coaches AND the right kind (and size) of players. He's been extremely successful at the college level, and has been totally vindicated from the investigation at UNC. 79-43 as a college coach - nice to get someone with a winning college record.

Next, I'm looking at Greg Schiano. If I was AD - I'm not playing around with this hire!!!

• Upvote 2

... Butch Davis. I think this is the kind of hire we need right now - he can recruit the right kind of coaches AND the right kind (and size) of players. He's been extremely successful at the college level, and has been totally vindicated from the investigation at UNC. 79-43 as a college coach - nice to get someone with a winning college record.

Next, I'm looking at Greg Schiano. If I was AD - I'm not playing around with this hire!!!

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/why_greg_schiano_make_sense_if_maryland_coaching_j.html

Wow...been wondering what fanbase anywhere would want a crappy relic of faux toughness like Schiano. Should have known to look closer to home.

Edited by Quoner
Phones are hard and that stopped school bus should have had a siren
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I could be wrong but Kendall Briles is an NCAA sanction away from getting some program in trouble.  Just a gut feeling.  Plus, isn't he just riding on Daddy's coat tails?

Let's first find out who RV has identified as his selection, and then go out and get the complete opposite.

My hope is that RV won't be around long enough to make that call.

Absolutely not! Butch's has been out of the game too long! Give me a young assistant at a power 5 school that's knows the spread offense and was heavily involved in recruiting.  

Colby Carthel, you've got to be kidding me? No, we're not taking anyone from some small time program, we don't need to go down that road. Power 5 assistant or nothing!