Lowest Point in UNT Athletics History

CMJ

If there's a Guinness World Record category for Worst Division 1 Football team, we got it. I had pretty much given up on the program anyway, having not renewed my season tickets this year. But now it's to the point where I can't even mention that I went to North Texas. What a bunch of clowns! 

Those of you who have talked about dropping down are wrong. Whoever is running North Texas will lose at any level you throw at them so it won't make any difference. I wish they would either make a commitment to winning or just stop playing. North Texas is bigger than most SEC schools by student population. It is the worst underperforming athletic program of all time.

• Upvote 1

If there's a Guinness World Record category for Worst Division 1 Football team, we got it. I had pretty much given up on the program anyway, having not renewed my season tickets this year. But now it's to the point where I can't even mention that I went to North Texas. What a bunch of clowns! 

Those of you who have talked about dropping down are wrong. Whoever is running North Texas will lose at any level you throw at them so it won't make any difference. I wish they would either make a commitment to winning or just stop playing. North Texas is bigger than most SEC schools by student population. It is the worst underperforming athletic program of all time.

Worst loss by an FBS/1A school to an FCS/1AA team in college football history.

I sat through the whole debacle; I always make it to the Alma Mater. After a while, it didn't hurt so bad - in fact it was funny in spots. Sort of a 3 Stooges performance. I honestly do not EVER remember seeing a less-competitive football game played by North Texas.

The boys from Portland came to town on a mission, they had a very good team that appeared to me to be very sound fundamentally, and they kicked our ass. I think it could have been even worse if they wished.