Is Saturday's game being shown anywhere in Denton?

MeanGreenDan

Wasn't everybody raving about Muddy Jake's as the hot new Denton bar just a few short months ago?  I tell ya, that location is cursed.  That and its neighbor that used to be that gawdawful goldminers BBQ or whatever it was.  I don't even know what if anything is there anymore.

Disclaimer:  I never went in there, and have no idea if it's good, bad, or indifferent.  I just know that time and time again, I see people trying in that location and that nothing has stuck.

Disclaimer:  I never went in there, and have no idea if it's good, bad, or indifferent.  I just know that time and time again, I see people trying in that location and that nothing has stuck.

It was a successful German food place for quite a while but then the proprietor had medical issues.   I have a German employee who still tears up every time you mention it no longer being open.

Wasn't everybody raving about Muddy Jake's as the hot new Denton bar just a few short months ago?  I tell ya, that location is cursed.  That and its neighbor that used to be that gawdawful goldminers BBQ or whatever it was.  I don't even know what if anything is there anymore.

I think Service Industry is where goldmine BBQ used to be.

• Upvote 1

It was a successful German food place for quite a while but then the proprietor had medical issues.   I have a German employee who still tears up every time you mention it no longer being open.

I finally got around to attempting to try that German restaurant when the sign that family emergency had shut it down.  Never did get to try it. 

• Upvote 1

I finally got around to attempting to try that German restaurant when the sign that family emergency had shut it down.  Never did get to try it.  

Same here, meant to try it for years and finally go to do it and saw the sign...

Y'all missed out. Gerhard's was incredible, authentic German food. They also carried many German beers on tap. Having studied abroad in Austria, that place was the closest thing to German/Austrian cuisine I've been to in the States

Edited by MGNation92
  • Upvote 1