UNT's record in "Opportunity" games

Harry

I would love to know what our record, say in the last 10-20 years is in "opportunity" games.  I define these as games where you can take a step forward as a program and move the chains in terms of fan support, recruiting and outside respectability.

Saturday night was a great example of an "opportunity" game that could have really put some wind behind our sails.  Games that have good UNT crowds are opportunity games.

I think games that open up the season and set fan expectations whether at home or on the road are often opportunity games.

UT last year was another opportunity game, not that I expected us to win but at least make a good showing against a sub par UT squad.

UTSA back in 2013 was a game where we could have clenched the C-USA west crown.

I know Mac makes a big deal about winning at home and rightfully so.  But I think winning or competing in  these opportunity games is important as well.

any time you have a large group of Mean Green fans travel, it's a huge opportunity to show well and enhance that experience.  If we continually get smacked in the face (Tulane in '13, Ut, SMU, etc), it really lessons a fan's resolve to spend money to ALWAYS feel like shit.  We have to have more feel good moments....not just an occasional moment a few times in a decade.  I see all these other teams scare big name programs and sometimes beat them.  How we can't even come close is beyond me.  How Mac looks in the mirror and keeps spinning the same nonsense in the press is beyond me.  At some point a man knows when he's kidding himself and is just full of shit.

• Upvote 1