You Just Knew

KRAM1

North Dakota State to pay stipends.  NDS will....an FCS team....begin paying Up to $3,400 in stipend to each scholarship athlete under its COA calculations in all 16 sports.

yep...now watch other mid major FCS teams do the same?  Why...got to stay competitive on the recruiting trail.

you knew this was going to happen once the D1's started this stuff.

• Downvote 1

NDSU also has donors crawling out of the woodwork now that they've struck it big in oil lately... thus, their jump out of nowhere to FCS championships.   Millionaires being made every day in ND.
They have money to throw around.

Exactly! I thought the same thing when I read that same little item in the ST this morning. 

NDSU also has donors crawling out of the woodwork now that they've struck it big in oil lately... thus, their jump out of nowhere to FCS championships.   Millionaires being made every day in ND.
They have money to throw around.

I hope they took profits. The oil industry is being decimated. 

North Dakota State to pay stipends.  NDS will....an FCS team....begin paying Up to $3,400 in stipend to each scholarship athlete under its COA calculations in all 16 sports.

yep...now watch other mid major FCS teams do the same?  Why...got to stay competitive on the recruiting trail.

you knew this was going to happen once the D1's started this stuff.

NDSU is in D1.

• Upvote 1

Really...thought they just won the DII championship at FC Dallas Pary last season?  The article...USA today... Said FCS I thought.  Oh well, could have read it wrong.  

But, how did they get in the championship game?  Is it North Dakota?  Thought State was a lower division team not in the COA discussion.

Hold on.  I need to catch up and go find a reason that this should make me angry at UNT.  I'll be back.

Call UNT90.  He is always ready with some reason to be upset.  He's got millions of them and if a situation doesn't fit he will make one up.  Am sure he will loan you one or two.

• Downvote 1

Really...thought they just won the DII championship at FC Dallas Pary last season?  The article...USA today... Said FCS I thought.  Oh well, could have read it wrong.  

But, how did they get in the championship game?  Is it North Dakota?  Thought State was a lower division team not in the COA discussion.

Call UNT90.  He is always ready with some reason to be upset.  He's got millions of them and if a situation doesn't fit he will make one up.  Am sure he will loan you one or two.

NDSU were D-II for a long time.
Then, FRACKING! MONEY! ALUMNI GIVING!
They
 bumped up to FCS in 2004 and have been fairly dominant since joining.