Boise St. more morally grounded than Baylor?

SilverEagle

Well, AOD's post referred to when an incident was reported and the administration did nothing about it.  Back when Sandusky was DC, an incident was alleged and PSU reported it to the local DA.  The DA did an investigation and found nothing.  Sandusky retired, and when the McQuery (sp?)-witnessed incident was reported, he had no direct connection to the football program.  The administration had allowed him access to the facilities for the purpose of his charity program.

And you need to revise your view of there being a "cover up."  A ball was dropped, to be sure, but there was no evidence of a cover up.

No, the University did not report McQuery's report to the law enforcement. Knowing something criminal has happened and refusing to report it and encouraging the whistle blower to not report it are the definition of a a cover up! 

• Upvote 1

Please reread my post, then revise yours accordingly.

Officials at Penn State had a criminal act reported to them and not only refused to pass the information on the law enforcement they encouraged the person making the report to not tell anyone else what he had seen. McQuery said he feared for his job if he didn't comply. That's textbook cover up. I don't remember the exact details, but I think McQuery actually got a promotion after not talking - but I don't remember that part for certain. 

As the the Baylor case, they did a very sloppy investigation and based their results on a roommate who said he didn't hear anything. Baylor did pass this on to Waco police who decided not to follow up further on their own. Later, the McClendon County DA's office did follow up and got access to the cellphone records of the roommate. Those records showed he wasn't in the room when he claimed to be. 

• Upvote 1

Officials at Penn State had a criminal act reported to them and not only refused to pass the information on the law enforcement they encouraged the person making the report to not tell anyone else what he had seen. McQuery said he feared for his job if he didn't comply. That's textbook cover up. I don't remember the exact details, but I think McQuery actually got a promotion after not talking - but I don't remember that part for certain. 

As the the Baylor case, they did a very sloppy investigation and based their results on a roommate who said he didn't hear anything. Baylor did pass this on to Waco police who decided not to follow up further on their own. Later, the McClendon County DA's office did follow up and got access to the cellphone records of the roommate. Those records showed he wasn't in the room when he claimed to be. 

Again, I acknowledged that McQuery's report was not taken to police above the university level.  But reports of similar conduct by Sandusky when he was actually connected with the football program were reported to the DA's office.

McQuery's testimony has varied significantly at different times, so I'm not sure what, if any, to hold as Gospel truth.  He may have feared for his job, but his personal feelings are a whole lot different from someone telling him, "If you talk, you'd better fear for your job."

And the whole witch hunt that took place against Penn State when the accusations became public and when the Freeh Report was released has been shown to be just that...a witch hunt.  The Freeh Report was a hack job done by a man that everyone in Washington knew was a hack.  There is a good reason why the sanctions have been reduced...because what people thought were the facts in 2011-12 were actually not the facts.

The roommate decided to be the coward when it came time to perjure himself, but they should still charge him with lying on the police report, especially if this was indeed the reason for the cops not following up on this.

You don't?

Age of victims.

Number of victims.

Length of time where criminal conduct occurred.

Use of school facilities as a lure for victims.

Witnessed assualt is reported to administration, who does nothing with the report.

Baylor isn't looking good right now, but they are no where near Pedo State levels of slime.

seriously. Penn St. covered for a pedophile, hiding his crimes while he sexually assaulted other children, and allowing him continued access to Penn St. facilities where addition sexual assaults of children occurred.

Baylor didn't hide a crime, they simply didn't acknowledge that it was reported, hoping it would just go away.

Very, very, very, very different things

Again, I acknowledged that McQuery's report was not taken to police above the university level.  But reports of similar conduct by Sandusky when he was actually connected with the football program were reported to the DA's office.

McQuery's testimony has varied significantly at different times, so I'm not sure what, if any, to hold as Gospel truth.  He may have feared for his job, but his personal feelings are a whole lot different from someone telling him, "If you talk, you'd better fear for your job."

And the whole witch hunt that took place against Penn State when the accusations became public and when the Freeh Report was released has been shown to be just that...a witch hunt.  The Freeh Report was a hack job done by a man that everyone in Washington knew was a hack.  There is a good reason why the sanctions have been reduced...because what people thought were the facts in 2011-12 were actually not the facts.

hahahaha. Good lord, man. Sanctions were reduced because Penn St. Is Penn St., which is also why they didn't get the death penalty.

And is also exactly what I predicted when Pedophile St. Didn't get what they deserved: the death penalty:

You do realize that the former president, Vice President , and athletic director still face trial for lying to a grand jury (perjury, an extremely hard charge to prove without email or other written evidence) and are trying to play a legal game to get out of it, right?:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PENN_STATE_ABUSE?SITE=AP

Keep in mind, they aren't saying they didn't lie, just saying their right to counsel was violated even though the Penn St provided them with an attorney.

But ya, nothing to see here, move along. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

hahahaha. Good lord, man. Sanctions were reduced because Penn St. Is Penn St., which is also why they didn't get the death penalty.

And is also exactly what I predicted when Pedophile St. Didn't get what they deserved: the death penalty:

You do realize that the former president, Vice President , and athletic director still face trial for lying to a grand jury (perjury, an extremely hard charge to prove without email or other written evidence) and are trying to play a legal game to get out of it, right?:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PENN_STATE_ABUSE?SITE=AP

Keep in mind, they aren't saying they didn't lie, just saying their right to counsel was violated even though the Penn St provided them with an attorney.

But ya, nothing to see here, move along. 

I didn't say there was nothing to see here.  But to say "Sanctions were reduced because Penn St. is Penn St." is the height of stupidity.  Penn State had absolutely no leverage, which is why they bent over and took the sanctions without whimpering in the first place.  But supposed "facts" have been refuted, and the NCAA was about to be crushed by a lawsuit--a hearing in a court of law which the NCAA knew would show what idiots they had been--if they didn't get rid of sanctions.

I can't answer for what Graham Spanier and Tim Curley did.  They'll get their day in court, and we can find out about them.  But the fact is that it all springs from the actions of a man who was no longer directly connected with Penn State football.

• Downvote 1

I didn't say there was nothing to see here.  But to say "Sanctions were reduced because Penn St. is Penn St." is the height of stupidity.  Penn State had absolutely no leverage, which is why they bent over and took the sanctions without whimpering in the first place.  But supposed "facts" have been refuted, and the NCAA was about to be crushed by a lawsuit--a hearing in a court of law which the NCAA knew would show what idiots they had been--if they didn't get rid of sanctions.

I can't answer for what Graham Spanier and Tim Curley did.  They'll get their day in court, and we can find out about them.  But the fact is that it all springs from the actions of a man who was no longer directly connected with Penn State football.

No longer employed by the program is, I think, a more accurate description. He took a victim with him to a bowl game on the team charter. That's a pretty direct connection to the program...

but many of his charged crimes occurred while he WAS associated with Penn St. Football and happened in Penn St. Football facilities. 

That is early teen aged boys being sodomized in the showers of the Penn. St. football facility. 

So, yes, he was associated with Penn St. football when some of the crimes for which he was charged occurred, and the president, VP, AD, and burn in hell pedophile protector Joe Pa covered up his crimes. 

Sick, disgusting acts by people who considered their football program more important than the lives of poor young youth in their community.

They deserve 20, but will get a slap on the wrist.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Art Briles says all knew was the onetime Freshman All American was depressed & missed home....uhhh...yea...sure

feel bad for the victim

screw Baylor...

• Upvote 1

How about the fact that Baylor essentially forced the girl to transfer due to a "decline in performance" and reducing her scholarship? 

Oh, I guess the fact that she was raped and essentially told to 'get over it' had nothing to do with her "reduced" performance...

I saw that. Real mother darners in Waco. Briles head and more need to roll for this crap. That girls life is forever changed by that bastard and that crap university. 

Edited by North Texas Shep