Projected 2015 UNT OLine?

Harry

GMG24 and I are "pro" triple option at North Texas. Honestly we have the players for it. We have failed Miserably :headbang: at trying to get the typical pocket passing QB. Why not take advantage of the athletic QB's who are not 6"+ in the DFW area.

Have Tee and Carlos split wide. Put that stable of running backs that we have on the field and occasional TE and pound that rock. We will be extremely difficult to game plan for. No scout team can imitate the triple option like a team that runs it.

Take the air out of the ball and control the clock. That is what it seems like we are trying to do anyways.

• Upvote 1

We do, but I think Rice would be an upgrade at that position. And I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen. Kirby had a very lackluster season.

It seems that if we don't go with Kirby, Ochs would be the next logical center. Especially if Smith ends up winning the QB spot, considering that's who he's been taking snaps from.

I think we will have two O-lines, equally good, so what we will do is line up in a new formation called the MeanGreenPainTrain. Here is what it looks like

OT OG C OG OT

OT OG OG OT

TE

RB

Why not use our best assets?? :) Lots of Beef, and a Running Back.

Guys... We do realize this is an illegal formation right?

you all are forgetting about Avery Fortenberry - he's going to be a beast

people under estimated his brother early on too

I saw him on a picture posted on here and he looked every bit of 6-5 and pretty thick. if he is anything like his bro you are right kid may be a jewel for us.

I also wonder how the other cats are progressing ie Sorge, Walker, Ellard etc. Micah Thompson going to be a senior needs to step up.

OT OT OG C OG OT OT

OG RB OG

RB

That's what I'm talking about! I would actually like it to look like this.

Jumbo diamond, unstopable. Oh, and you can run either way, so defense can't declare strength :)

You could potentially be looking at Old school G power, with 2 more guards slamming up in there allowing Wilson, Evans, jimmy show, or Rollins, to do their thing for 1st down since we all know we darn well aren't throwing the ball on that down, then bring QB and normal package out for first down. thoughts?

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1