Our Defense Sucks

MeanGreenDan

It all starts up front folks.

There were times tonight that homeboy had > seconds to throw (when he wasn't intentionally grounding it). That is an eternity, & leaves our average secondary vulnerable. Then, on rush plays, there's no guy up front that demands a double-team, so at least 1 OL can get up on one of our average LBs (DT90 spelled this out earlier this week, I watched for it tonight & I'll be durned...)

This (the undersized DL) was what we were all worried about this fall when the 2-deep was announced. It is manifesting in different ways that are making the entire defense look bad.

You can't get beat on the deep ball if the QB doesn't have time to get it out...

You are welcome!

It all starts up front folks.

There were times tonight that homeboy had > seconds to throw (when he wasn't intentionally grounding it). That is an eternity, & leaves our average secondary vulnerable. Then, on rush plays, there's no guy up front that demands a double-team, so at least 1 OL can get up on one of our average LBs (DT90 spelled this out earlier this week, I watched for it tonight & I'll be durned...)

This (the undersized DL) was what we were all worried about this fall when the 2-deep was announced. It is manifesting in different ways that are making the entire defense look bad.

You can't get beat on the deep ball if the QB doesn't have time to get it out...

I don't know how the refs didn't call those "passes" out as penalties. When there's no receiver in place, the QB hasn't scrambled out of the box, and when he's about to get slammed, that's about as intentional as it gets.