Dallas Stars Hockey 2014-15

I would hate to see Nichushkin get traded, I think our offense will get it together. Hemsky will get it, he is a hard working forward with some dumb luck.

I was surprised to see Lindback still there last night, I thought that they would have given Kari a rest and brought up the goalie from Austin.

Patrick Eaves is crawling up my list from rock bottom.

Did I say Klingberg blows my mind he so strong and fluid, his passes are a joy to watch and work ethic is amazing. He makes great decisions he is third in points in defensive rookies and he has played less then half the games the leaders have. He has 8 points going into tonight's game with only 9 games played. The leader in rookie defenseman has 11 points in 21 games, the second place rookie defenseman has 10 points with 24 games played. All are averaging over 20 minutes a game.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?season=20142015&gameType=2&team=&position=D&country=&status=R&viewName=summary

I am blaming that goofy mascot for this crappy season so far. Vic Green! Vomit!

Oh and Goligoski also because I can!

At least we made a backup goalie change...and I've been reconsidering my look at trading mentality - especially now with Spezza in the fold. I wouldn't mind seeing what we could get for some of the 3rd and 4th liners without a future here, even though I have grown quite fond of them. I don't think those moves kill this season. If we drift a little more, I bet we could get something decent for Daley and Goli (not worth the salary, but free up spots for more of the kids who need to learn on the job this year and next who are the real future.) I'm still watching for a chance to package for a real top 2 defenseman above all of that, though (as long as they are controllable for at least 2 more seasons.)

At least we made a backup goalie change...and I've been reconsidering my look at trading mentality - especially now with Spezza in the fold. I wouldn't mind seeing what we could get for some of the 3rd and 4th liners without a future here, even though I have grown quite fond of them. I don't think those moves kill this season. If we drift a little more, I bet we could get something decent for Daley and Goli (not worth the salary, but free up spots for more of the kids who need to learn on the job this year and next who are the real future.) I'm still watching for a chance to package for a real top 2 defenseman above all of that, though (as long as they are controllable for at least 2 more seasons.)

I woke up to the Lindback wavers, could not be happier! I could see the goose going as a trade package, Alex gets to list the teams he will go to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a horrible game tonight. This team has way too many holes to legitimately make a run at a playoff spot. I just wonder if they can be bad enough can land once in a generation talent like McDavid or Eichel or even a Hanafin.

I really expected more after the away winning streak

Just a horrible game tonight. This team has way too many holes to legitimately make a run at a playoff spot. I just wonder if they can be bad enough can land once in a generation talent like McDavid or Eichel or even a Hanafin.

Getting down to that Carolina/Edmonton level looks tough with a 12 point lead, but no reason we couldn't sell off the vets and d-men and finish 3rd or 4th from the bottom. Hanafin would be perfect for what we need - although I think we have too much signed talent not to finish higher (but not high enough.)