0-4

shaft

We're 0-4 why all the panic? What reputable prediction had also doing anything different.

The real question for this team is what its going to do in conference play. The goal for this team is to beat the 3-9 projections.

After seeing the team play today after 2 weeks off to "correct" things I think 0-12 is a very real possibility.

We're 0-4 why all the panic? What reputable prediction had also doing anything different.

The real question for this team is what its going to do in conference play. The goal for this team is to beat the 3-9 projections.

It isn't 0-4 I'm so worried about.

It's 55-219 that scares me.

...let me put it another way. Let's say we had ALL 55 points we've scored ALL SEASON in each of the 4 games we've played so far. WE STILL WOULD HAVE LOST TWO OF THOSE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the board would look like it does today if we had 4 valiant efforts, losing by a score or two against the teams we've played. I think the only "blowout" anyone was really expecting was the LSU game. Oddly enough, though the score got out of hand, that was probably the BEST we've looked all season.

Look, I'm a UNT fan. Denton is home. I had some of the best years of my life there. I bleed green. All other sports interests I have could dry up and I'd still support and love this program. I'll be there Saturday. I was out there in the cold and Rain to watch us beat WKU last year. I can accept this team losing football games. In fact, its sort of part of the deal. ...but even in our darkest days I can't recall it being THIS bad. I can't recall losing to a team on a level like Rice the way we did last night.

...I always knew what we were up against and that the coaches and players did their best, regardless of the outcome, but I was proud of the effort of the team and the coaches despite the loss, because I know who and what we are. ...but I didn't see ANY fight last night. I didn't see any piss and vinegar. Neither did anyone else who's being emotional on this board today.

It isn't the 0-4 start. It's the unexcusable way we got here.

The worst losses in UNT history (points given up)

1. 2007 Oklahoma 79---- 10 ( last year )

2. 2008 RICE 77-20 (this year)

3. 2007 Navy 74-62 (last year)

4. 1991 Nevada 72-0

This coaching staff owns the worst three........ of the 924 games North Texas has played.

Four of the worse seven if toss in the 66-0 Arkansas game last year. (7th worst)

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Why is the Navy game in your list???? Just because they scored more than UNT did in a real knock down drag out shootout? If you were at the game, it was fun to watch...win, lose or draw. Unfortunately, UNT came out on the wrong end of the final score...but, I might remind you that Navy beat Wake Forest this last Saturday.

Why is the Navy game in your list???? Just because they scored more than UNT did in a real knock down drag out shootout? If you were at the game, it was fun to watch...win, lose or draw. Unfortunately, UNT came out on the wrong end of the final score...but, I might remind you that Navy beat Wake Forest this last Saturday.

--Note what I said.... most amount of points allowed.... ie. worst defense.......not the worst beatings...

4. 1991 Nevada 72-0

This coaching staff owns the worst three........ of the 924 games North Texas has played.

Four of the worse seven if toss in the 66-0 Arkansas game last year. (7th worst)

I would say that the arkansas game last year, the tulsa game a couple years ago AT HOME, and the last 2 visits down to Austin were all worse than the Navy game. In fact, I'd love to lose games by just 12 points.

Also, I'd also submit that the Rice game is in fact the worst because no matter how good they are, it's a 57 point loss TO RICE.

4. 1991 Nevada 72-0

Who was the coach in 1991?

It isn't 0-4 I'm so worried about.

It's 55-219 that scares me.

Well here is something else that is kind of scary - On those numbers, the opponent is averaging 54.75 points per game, which means the second and third stringers are out there for significant time in those games and our offense is only averaging 13.75 points. With the exception of the Tulsa game, most of our points are already on the board by half-time, so what does that say about our ability to run our offense against the 2nd and 3rd stringers of these teams. It is bad enough losing to RICE but by the fourth quarter they were trying not to score, and our offense STILL could NOT do anything. Amazing.

Who was the coach in 1991?

Dennis Parker ...who was 11-21 -1 in three years. He has the lowest win percentage of any coach that has coached at NT for two or more years other than Todd Dodge..... Bob Tyler coached one year (1981) and went 2-9.... and then we were placed in I-AA.

There seems to be two distinct attitudes across the board.

1. The sky has fallen. Fire and brimestone, cats and dogs living together.

2. Its not time to panic...yet.

So my question for the board is when do we "officially" panic? When do we call for a new coaching staff?

For me, absent an 0-12 season, Dodge gets to come back. But I think the team must come up with .500 season next year for there to be a year four of Dodge ball.