1-a Coaches On The Hot Seat

Utah State's coach is listed as 3.5 - a very warm seat. That would be brutal for DD to get fired here, land at Utah State, then go out with the staff if that head coach gets fired in 2007.

I wonder if Phil Bennett at 3 is perhaps low. Bowl game or else this year for SMU?

He has Houston Nutt as a 4, and he should be labelled a 5. He is definately on the HOT, HOT seat. Anything short of an SEC or NC he is gone.

I can see Nutt posting the same record as last season (10-4) with a Top 25 ranking and getting canned. The football program could have similar drama as the basketball program regarding a coaching hire. I await the hogs 2008 football off-season with baited breath.

I can see Nutt posting the same record as last season (10-4) with a Top 25 ranking and getting canned. The football program could have similar drama as the basketball program regarding a coaching hire. I await the hogs 2008 football off-season with baited breath.

Unless Casey Dick learned how to remotely throw or pass the ball this spring, I have my doubts as to this team being able to come close to 10 wins this season. Teams are just going to stack the line and force Nutt to throw, which he has proved in 9 years that he can't do. I welcome Nutt being gone - he is a cancer - he is Arkansas's DD!

Guest GrayEagleOne

Weatherbie at ULM is one of the 4s. I don't think that they can afford another coach. Charley works cheap and probably produces as well as can be expected with what he has to work with (smallest budget in 1-A).

Utah State's coach is listed as 3.5 - a very warm seat. That would be brutal for DD to get fired here, land at Utah State, then go out with the staff if that head coach gets fired in 2007.

I wonder if Phil Bennett at 3 is perhaps low. Bowl game or else this year for SMU?

If the UTags start off bad don't be surprised if the HC is canned and DD promoted :shocking:

If the UTags start off bad don't be surprised if the HC is canned and DD promoted :shocking:

Utah State 2007 schedule:

Aug. 30 UNLV

Sept. 8 at Wyoming

Sept. 15 at Oklahoma

Sept. 22 San Jose State

Sept. 29 at Utah

Oct. 6 at Hawaii

Oct. 20 Nevada

Oct. 27 Louisiana Tech

Nov. 3 at Fresno State

Nov. 10 Boise State

Nov. 17 at NMSU

Nov. 24 at Idaho

2006 Record: 1-11

9/2 at Wyoming L 38-7

9/9 at Arkansas L 20-0

9/16 Utah L 48-0

9/23 at BYU L 38-0

9/30 Idaho L 41-21

10/7 Fresno State W 13-12

10/14 at San Jose St L 21-14

10/21 at La Tech L 48-35

11/4 Hawaii L 63-10

11/11 at Nevada L 42-0

11/18 at Boise State L 49-10

11/25 New Mexico St L 42-20

From CFN:

The season will be a success if ... the Aggies win three games, or at least put up far more of a fight. Experience should make the team more competitive, but it remains to be seen if there’s enough talent to win games against teams like Louisiana Tech and Idaho. It’s likely Utah State will be the underdog in all 12 games.