UNT Coaches assigned recruiting ground

I think it would be really nice to know who has what grounds, found out yesterday that Canales is the one who comes by The Colony. There's a 6'4" corner (Kyle Covington) and a 6'3" receiver (Chris Green) who are going to be seniors who are probably going to blow up, or not depending on their senior season, perfect guys to get in on as they didn't have crazy good jr years, but athletically are what you look for specifically at CUSA level. Has Canales even stopped by, nope. Oh there is also a sophomore defensive end, Peter Kimani watch out, if he continues to develop could be a monster, 6'2" 220 and growing. Just trying to find something to talk about during off season. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Kyle had a jacked up thumb only played 4 district games (first year as a corner) covered Deandre McNeal UT signee from Poteet and gave him some fits with his length. Chris Green played backup QB and only practiced WR bc only other QB was a freshman Jemel Jones who I think needs to be talked to also early, only a sophomore, so time will tell, he's an undersized QB but he has a flamethrower for a right arm.

• Upvote 1

I think it would be really nice to know who has what grounds, found out yesterday that Canales is the one who comes by The Colony. There's a 6'4" corner (Kyle Covington) and a 6'3" receiver (Chris Green) who are going to be seniors who are probably going to blow up, or not depending on their senior season, perfect guys to get in on as they didn't have crazy good jr years, but athletically are what you look for specifically at CUSA level. Has Canales even stopped by, nope. Oh there is also a sophomore defensive end, Peter Kimani watch out, if he continues to develop could be a monster, 6'2" 220 and growing. Just trying to find something to talk about during off season. Cheers.

I am confused. In the first sentence you state that you found out Canales comes by The Colony, but then later you said he has never stopped by.

Let me clarify, he has not been by this year, and stopped by twice the previous year, during winter and once in spring. He let 3 different players go to Navy, again, not saying they are UNT guys for sure or not, but to not even offer the chance of playing at home... Idk

Names:

Class of '14

Bryan Hammond one of the top rushers in the area in '13 graduated '14 signed with Navy

Justin Jennings signed with Iowa no NT offer

Class of '15

Myles Benning FB/RB first year playing the position moved from QG (had to play out of necessity his Jr. year) and DT, projects to LB, FB in college signed with Navy no NT offer

David Shin projects as a guard at D1 level no NT offer, signed with Navy

I am a homer for sure, for both NT and TC, I've only been there two years, but there have been several as listed here misses IMO that UNT didn't even take a swing at and miss. Of those 4 two would have been for sure hits in my eyes, and two could go either way. Just a little disappointing that no offers were put out to local kids

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1

It's no secret this staff can't recruit, GMG24. It's been a problem and to say it's a problem exclusively attached to North Texas is naive because Dodge was able to get some really good players in here during his time, ya know, the ones that McCarney won with...

I don't want to say that they aren't doing their due diligence on the recruiting trail, but results more times than not coincide with effort.

• Downvote 1

Well, Canales is just now hitting the road recruiting, other coaches have now been out for a week, or more I am not sure the exact start date. That is rather telling in and of itself.

• Upvote 1