Pony Fans Visit

untjim1995

After perusing this website, I can confirm that a few things I have recently wondered about their future and have questioned on gmg.com have been answered. Here they are:

I have seen the name Larry Coker mentioned as a target for them when June Jones gets dropped. Makes a ton of sense.

I have seen them begin to mention buying out of the 10-game series with us. They also mention UTSA as passing us by, basically saying that they are AAC targets ahead of us.

More importantly, it appears that my suspicions that they would want to just drop scholarship football instead of accepting a lowering of their program to the new i-aa seems to be strong on that site.

They still have delusions of being bigger than they are, probably comes from the $$$ and their SWC history, as well as their recent hoops success, but they don't understand that they are in the same boast as the rest of the G5. They aren't going into any P5 conference--it just isn't going to happen.

Was this an unofficial visit or one of the 5 "official" recruiting visits?

It's become readily apparent to me that the threshold level of humor (or humour, perhaps?) over at PonyFans to be thought of as a "funny poster" is a considerably lower bar than here at GMG.

Either step your funny game up a notch or just stick to pony anecdotes, aight brah?

• Upvote 2

It's become readily apparent to me that the threshold level of humor (or humour, perhaps?) over at PonyFans to be thought of as a "funny poster" is a considerably lower bar than here at GMG.

Either step your funny game up a notch or just stick to pony anecdotes, aight brah?

I get plenty of likes over here. Sorry I'm not your cup o' tea.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Geez, they are really down on their program right now over there. Remind me again--hasn't the current coach earned bowl berths for them in the 4 years before last season, of which they ahve won 3 against Nevada, Pitt, and Fresno State? IIRC, they hadn't even been to a bowl game before that since the Death Penalty. How can you be so down on the coach who brought you up from the absolute dregs of college football for the 20 years between the Death penalty and when they got him to come over there from Hawaii?

Geez, they are really down on their program right now over there. Remind me again--hasn't the current coach earned bowl berths for them in the 4 years before last season, of which they ahve won 3 against Nevada, Pitt, and Fresno State? IIRC, they hadn't even been to a bowl game before that since the Death Penalty. How can you be so down on the coach who brought you up from the absolute dregs of college football for the 20 years between the Death penalty and when they got him to come over there from Hawaii?

Despite the bowl berths, he is 6-32 against teams that finished that year with winning records. There are plenty of other

reasons but I won't get into them right now. They've been repeated ad nauseum on PF.

• Upvote 1