Dan Kottman?

Bad news on Kottman.

San Diego State University did not release him from his scholarship. They kind of put him through the ringer with his injuries (long story) and he is still battling with it.

Because of extenuating circumstances he will not be with us in the fall and has chosen to give up football at this time.

:(

• Upvote 1

so is sdsu being big organ heads or is this a normal thing?

hope his injuries heal properly

Not normal as far as I know and understand.

Long story short...

Forced to go to schools surgeon (normal).

Did NOT fix ALL of the injury (bandaid job) in his shoulder and proceeded to rehab then back on the field, despite the fact that he wasn't "fixed".

Reinjured, of course. Players parents (also SDSU alumni) ended up funding the even more complicated surgery. (not normal and pretty spitty, IMO)

Tried to get the release and SDSU wouldn't release.

This sport is so incredibly hard on these kids bodies. When they don't get appropriate treatment, it risks an injury that could plague them way beyond their 20's. SAD. What a waste.

** Edit- I should clarify before the thread is derailed:

APPROPRIATE treatment- Opening up a 20 year olds arm and fixing ALL of the injury despite the rehab schedule being extended.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did NOT fix ALL of the injury (bandaid job) in his shoulder and proceeded to rehab then back on the field, despite the fact that he wasn't "fixed".

Reinjured, of course. Players parents (also SDSU alumni) ended up funding the even more complicated surgery. (not normal and pretty spitty, IMO)

This sport is so incredibly hard on these kids bodies. When they don't get appropriate treatment, it risks an injury that could plague them way beyond their 20's. SAD.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Long story short...

This sport is so incredibly hard on these kids bodies. When they don't get appropriate treatment, it risks an injury that could plague them way beyond their 20's. SAD. What a waste.

** Edit- I should clarify before the thread is derailed:

APPROPRIATE treatment- Opening up a 20 year olds arm and fixing ALL of the injury despite the rehab schedule being extended.

It's cases like this where 9 of those 11 points the Northwestern players are advocating for matter...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1