Trey Norris Update

outoftown

So Trey Norris -who played for UNT until the 2011-2012 season is now at South Dakota, just wrapping up his first playing season there. If I got things correctly he is now a redshirt sophomore.

Before going into the summit league tournament South Dakota is 12-17, 6-8 in the league, their RPI is 246th (UNT is 180th), they are 227th in Sagarin (UNT is 216th)

His stats are: 29.3 min per game, 8 points per game (223 total), .421 Field goal percentage, with a nice .403 3 point percentage. 75% on free throws, 4.1 assists per game and a little better than 2 assits per turnover. He also leads the team in steals, with 1.3 per game.

Looks like he is doing ok.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 5

Trey Norris is going to start his Junior season playing for his 5th different college coach. South Dakota is not retaining their interim guy.

Johnny, Benford, Dave Boots, Joey James, and whoever comes next. Crazy.

He never played for Benny. He lost his scholarship during the off season.

He never played for Benny. He lost his scholarship during the off season.

Benford coached him in practice. Remember, Trey "decided to leave" about a month before classes started, the first year the NCAA moved up the start of organized practices. He tweeted how excited he was about the upcoming season after a practice (a day or two after TJ Taylor announced he was coming here), and after a meeting with Benford later that day, tweeted something else indicating he was very, very depressed.

EDIT: I just re-read my original post... Trey didn't play an organized game under Benford, but Benford was one of his college coaches for about 5 months. My fault for choice of phrasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS4QGEQaclk

• 2 weeks later...

How did we lose him again? We could really use his size about now!

He didn't want to be here. He didn't fit in with the team and never really tried to either. That year everyone was so close and he was always distant from them. I doubt he would have ever done well here with the attitude that I saw.

I don't know for sure, but I often wondered if he was pressured to come here and play because of family more than him actually wanting to be here.

He didn't want to be here. He didn't fit in with the team and never really tried to either. That year everyone was so close and he was always distant from them. I doubt he would have ever done well here with the attitude that I saw.

I don't know for sure, but I often wondered if he was pressured to come here and play because of family more than him actually wanting to be here.

new news to me.