Mean Green senior athletes reflect on careers

Harry

We interviewed seniors from the Mean Green soccer, volleyball and football teams to see how the players are doing now that their final season at UNT is over, what future plans are in place and what they will take away from their experiences here.

How much different is your every day life now? What are some of the biggest changes you’ve noticed?

Derek Thompson: Not being with my teammates is the biggest part. They are still my brothers; I will always love this university and I will always feel I was a part of something special here. I tell a lot of guys that I hope they are better than we were. A 9-4 bowl champion team is pretty special, but I want the guys to win 10 games next year. I want them to continue winning and build this program the way it needs to be. It is fun to sit back and think I ended my career on top, and we’ll see what is next for me.

Read more: http://ntdaily.com/mean-green-senior-athletes-reflect-on-careers/

Nice write up, but they couldn't find a better picture? It's hard to believe they even got a picture from the bowl game with an empty section in the background. Harder still that they couldn't find another photo that was more reflective of the atmosphere that day.

That is incredible! 35,000 Mean Green fans and the picture shows one person in an empty section of the Cotto Bowl, not even wearing green. Journalism at it's best.

Nice write up, but they couldn't find a better picture? It's hard to believe they even got a picture from the bowl game with an empty section in the background. Harder still that they couldn't find another photo that was more reflective of the atmosphere that day.

I wouldn't worry too much. There are probably 40K fans that can deduce that is the HOD Bowl, and nearly all of them were there.

The casual fan will look at that and say, "Damn, NTSU still has no Fouts fans"

That is incredible! 35,000 Mean Green fans and the picture shows one person in an empty section of the Cotto Bowl, not even wearing green. Journalism at it's best.

Here ya go.

DRC_UNT_HODB_21.jpg

DT and the Wall of Green.

• Upvote 3