Louisiana Tech (2/8/14)

CMJ

At the half ...

North Texas 36
La Tech 37

Not feeling good about this game. There are plenty of instances where we have come out flat in the second half.

Team Stats

STAT            TOTAL
Points          36
Field Goals     15-31, 48.4%
Free Throws      4-5, 80.0%
3-Pointers       2-6, 33.3%
Off. Rebounds    6
Def. Rebounds   12
Total Rebounds  18
Assists          5
Blocks           2
P. Fouls        11
T. Fouls         0
Turnovers        8

Player Stats

Starters               Pts     Reb     Ast     PF
ANIEFIOK, Maurice	0	0	1	0
COLEMAN, Keith	        0	2	0	2
JONES, Chris	        8	3	1	1
WALTON, Brandan	        0	0	0	0
WILLIAMS, Alzee	        7	0	0	0

Bench
WILLIAMS, Jordan	8	3	0	2
VAUGHNS, Vertrail	5	0	0	2
TAYLOR, T.J.	        4	1	1	3
VOSS, Colin	        4	6	2	0
FLANNIGAN, Armani	0	0	0	0
MITCHELL, Austin	0	0	0	0
WESLEY, Greg	        0	0	0	0
GAINES, Kelvin	        0	0	0	1
Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

Give them a chance. This team can do it!

I mean, yes they are capable of pulling it off. But, for whatever reason the first few minutes of second halves are often disastrous, especially against good teams. I fully expect us to lose by 15-20. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Greendylan

Coaching matters.

It's not the 100% determining factor on if a team wins or loses. Benford is doing nothing different then any other coach and the players respect him. I know this for a fact and I would bet if you asked the players they would say the same. TJ has said that the practices and expectations are exactly what they would do at Oklahoma. I am assuming Gaines would give you the same answer. Different offense and defense but all of the preparation before the game is no different. I do not care what anyone else thinks I know this for a fact. Maybe it's not a good mix but it is not all Benford. That is a fact.

• Downvote 5

It's not the 100% determining factor on if a team wins or loses. Benford is doing nothing different then any other coach and the players respect him. I know this for a fact and I would bet if you asked the players they would say the same. TJ has said that the practices and expectations are exactly what they would do at Oklahoma. I am assuming Gaines would give you the same answer. Different offense and defense but all of the preparation before the game is no different. I do not care what anyone else thinks I know this for a fact. Maybe it's not a good mix but it is not all Benford. That is a fact.

I am sure if you had ask many of Dodge's players they would have said the same thing.

• Upvote 2

You're right. Coaching is highly overrated. All a good coach has done down in University Park is recruit the best athletes, post wins over UCONN and Memphis already this year and has them up 14 against #7 Cinci right now.

I'll bet if you asked them they'd tell you they respect Larry Brown, huh?

• Downvote 1

You're right. Coaching is highly overrated. All a good coach has done down in University Park is recruit the best athletes, post wins over UCONN and Memphis already this year and has them up 14 against #7 Cinci right now.

I thought they were winning because they remodeled the Moody Coliseum?

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

Because......half time adjustments are 100% coaching in every single sport that holds halftime. That is why.

Yea Benford comes out and makes them turn over the ball. Man do you even know what you are talking about? I am not trying to be rude but you just jump in here attack the coach for no good reason just to piggy back on others. Just because you have been to cowboys stadium or a mavericks game doesn't mean you know what your talking about. Have you been in the locker or talked to someone who has been in the locker room during a halftime more then once? If not then please do not try to share an opinion. That is just what it is an opinion because you have no evidence. Players are working hard and so is the coaching staff. Just give them all support you can and stop complaining.

• Downvote 1

Yea Benford comes out and makes them turn over the ball. Man do you even know what you are talking about? I am not trying to be rude but you just jump in here attack the coach for no good reason just to piggy back on others. Just because you have been to cowboys stadium or a mavericks game doesn't mean you know what your talking about. Have you been in the locker or talked to someone who has been in the locker room during a halftime more then once? If not then please do not try to share an opinion. That is just what it is an opinion because you have no evidence. Players are working hard and so is the coaching staff. Just give them all support you can and stop complaining.

Just curious, but when would you suggest Benford isn't getting it done? Would it be 5 years of this, 10 years? 15?

It's not all Larry brown. They have some very good players. It's a team. A teams success is not determined by a single person. Not a coach and not the best player. It's about everyone. They share success and they share failure. They work together to overcome diversity and they do not need people riding their cases.

• Downvote 1

It's not all Larry brown. They have some very good players. It's a team. A teams success is not determined by a single person. Not a coach and not the best player. It's about everyone. They share success and they share failure. They work together to overcome diversity and they do not need people riding their cases.

Look at what the previous did versus what LB is doing now. Yes, coaching does make a difference.

• Upvote 1