Louisiana Tech (2/8/14)

CMJ

I will be at the pit to watch, but I am going to kick & scream until he's gone. No reason not to. The season is in shambles and it needs to be very well documented that the fan base is not pleased. Well, the attendances will help with that as well I suppose.

Every reason not to. He is the players coach. Give it till the end of the season. It is a slap to the face of everyone on the team and the athletic department. At the end of the season share it all you want. I would want to make my players happy over fans. However I also am sure the players want to win. I would talk to the team before making any decisions. Not listen to a Ben Gooding or a NT90. They do not play for the man and nor do they have any clue what is going on in the locker room or practice. Once the Conference tournament is over make a whole post about it... But keeps the players and families of coaches in mind as well. Until the hopefully see everyone at the pit. Support them all.

Edited by Andrew
  • Downvote 1

Every reason not to. He is the players coach. Give it till the end of the season. It is a slap to the fave of everyone on the team and the athletic department. At the end of the season share it all you want. I would want to make my players happy over fans. However I also am sure the players want to win. I would talk to the team before making any decisions. Not listen to a Ben Gooding or a NT90. They do not play for the man and nor do they have any clue what is going on in the locker room or practice. Once the Conference tournament is over make a whole post about it... But keeps the players and families of coaches in mind as well.

Dense

What will it take for you to decide he needs to go?

The end of the season and if I hear something.

I am stuck this season to be honest. We will have a lot of seniors next season with a lot of potential and ability. Bringing in a new coach could help or it could hurt. You would then force players to again learn a new system and warmup to another coach during their most crucial year (their senior year). Bringing in a new coach next season may not help at all. Benford has built a relationship with the players and changing it again with one more year may not be wise. It's a coin toss to be honest. It is a very tough call. The season following the decision would be much easier. If I was RV and considering a move at the end of the season I would first consult the seniors. They would have a better opinion then on if he should stay or go.

• Downvote 2