Nicholls St official

10Eagle10

I found this on the internet today. I don't know if it had been previously posted, but it appears that we will be hosting Nicholls State on Sept 20th.

After its home opener, Nicholls is on the road over the next three weeks with a nonconference game at North Texas on Sept. 20 before beginning Southland Conference play at Central Arkansas on Sept. 27 and at McNeese State on Oct.4.

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20131218/HURBLOG/131219610?p=3&tc=pg#gsc.tab=0

Aug. 30 @ Texas

Sept. 6 SMU

Sept. 13

Sept. 20 Nicholls St

Sept. 27

Oct. 4 @ Indiana

looks like we'll probably have a conference game on either the 13th or 27th of September, with the other date being an OPEN week. Really hoping there aren't byes on both sides of Nicholls State (which I don't imagine there will be)

Edited by 10Eagle10
  • Upvote 2

At long last, revenge on Charlie Stubbs, the Tulsa offense coordinator who helped begin to crush our four game bowl season streak by humiliating us 54-2 in 2005 and 28-3 in 2006!

I will not be satisfied until we fully repay Stubbs with an 82-5 drubbing...or worse!

Remember that first game all too well. We were ahead 2-0 and then I'm not sure what happened. Please Mean Green, make this happen!!!!! Revenge would be sweet!

• Upvote 1

At long last, revenge on Charlie Stubbs, the Tulsa offense coordinator who helped begin to crush our four game bowl season streak by humiliating us 54-2 in 2005 and 28-3 in 2006!

I will not be satisfied until we fully repay Stubbs with an 82-5 drubbing...or worse!

Lonnie thanks for the education because when I saw the heading my first thoughts were why play them, but after reading your post about Charlie Stubbs, I am excited. I hope they get a old fashion whipping.

• Upvote 1

Bring it on. 4-8 record overall with a 1-6 conference record in the Southland Conference in 2013. I don't think Stubbs will have the kind of talent as he did at Tulsa to even make it competitive. It'll be a joy to whip them and get some inexperienced players reps in the second half. I'm not being cocky, just optimistic/confidence about our team taking care of business (as they should).

• Upvote 1

As much as I like more Tulsa payback and getting reps for non-starters, I don't like scheduling FCS teams, even if it is a team with which we have a considerable history. It's always preferable to have a tune-up game in your OOC schedule, but if there isn't a FBS team like NMSU or Idaho available, I'd rather have another home-and-home over 2 seasons with a MAC or MWC team than to play FCS. Since this isn't based on what I want though, we'd better school them heavily every series that has the 1st team in and then still be at least a little better than them with 2nd and 3rd teams in.

• Upvote 2

As much as I like more Tulsa payback and getting reps for non-starters, I don't like scheduling FCS teams, even if it is a team with which we have a considerable history. It's always preferable to have a tune-up game in your OOC schedule, but if there isn't a FBS team like NMSU or Idaho available, I'd rather have another home-and-home over 2 seasons with a MAC or MWC team than to play FCS. Since this isn't based on what I want though, we'd better school them heavily every series that has the 1st team in and then still be at least a little better than them with 2nd and 3rd teams in.

A home and home would give us either 5 home games this year, if we were slated to be the away team this year and the home team next year, or just 4 home games next year, if we were slated to be the home team this year and the away team next year.

I'd prefer a weak FBS school as well, and I'm sure we tried, but we can't afford home and homes as long as Tennessee and Iowa still want to play us in 2015.

I would think/hope that we're very close to being able to end the paycheck games and just start doing only the 1-and-1s or 2-and-2s (or 7-and-7s like SMU) soon. An extra home game means more tickets and concessions which will pay out pretty well anyway, and in the long run if we're playing either other midmajors or lower end P5 teams for OOC we have a better chance at wins. And if we alternate them we'll be fine (school x at home and y away this year, then school x away and y at home next year).

Edited by JesseMartin

A home and home would give us either 5 home games this year, if we were slated to be the away team this year and the home team next year, or just 4 home games next year, if we were slated to be the home team this year and the away team next year.

I'd prefer a weak FBS school as well, and I'm sure we tried, but we can't afford home and homes as long as Tennessee and Iowa still want to play us in 2015.

That is correct. Need to buy one more game to get out of the scheduling hole we have gotten ourselves into. And that will include a 5 home game 2015 season.