How'd Your Adopted Player Do?

UNTLifer

Mine? Mr. Derek Thompson had a great game. I found it extremely appropriate and fitting that one of our most criticized players wrapped up his career by being named MVP of the bowl game. He has handled everything with class when it would have been easy to get frustrated with everything. Congratulations Derek and thank you for representing our university with class. I think many people will really miss you next year.

• Upvote 1

Mine did virtually nothing...today. But he was the player that changed the momentum of the SEASON with a pick 6 against La Tech, Zac Whitfield. In my mind still the biggest play of the year. Expect to see more of him next year.

Zac wasn't on the field much, but I noticed that he had lockdown coverage when I saw him. He looked good.

As for my adopted player, Aaron Bellazin, I recall someone saying . . .

I just have a feeling he's in for a big senior year.

How's 9 sacks for a big senior year?!? He had 7.5 at the end of the regular season, which made him the C-USA leader. He was 2nd team all conference.

And he finished on an especially high note in the HOD Bowl. He had 1.5 sacks (probably should be 1.999 sacks, IMO), and was credited with another QB hurry. But he was wreaking havoc in that backfield almost all day.

Aaron, congrats on a great end to a great college football career. God bless you in your future endeavors.

• Upvote 2

Richard Abbe: He had a solid HOD game including a key 3rd down batted down pass in the third quarter in which he followed the QB all the way to the sidelines. He far exceeded expectations for the season. The Defensive Line was considered by many going into the season as a weakness but instead ended up being one of our strongest units partly because of his contributions.

I hope there is interest in him at the next level.

Edited by Green59
  • Upvote 1

DRC_UNT_HODB_31.jpg

Zach had another solid game. There was a particular play when he and Trice hit Devante Davis at the same time. Davis was killing the Mean Green before that hit... He was not the same dominant player afterward.

Proud of this fella and will be watching fervently for an invite to one of the senior bowl games, a combine invite, and eventually, an NFL draft selection.

• Upvote 1