Bowl Attendance Tracking Thread

UNTflyer

I saw some video of the Independence bowl, nowhere near 36k in the stands. It looked like a smoo game on TV.

Not many BC alumni looking to be in Shreveport between Christmas & New Year's. Tucson is at least a straight shot on I-10/20, and I'm betting they had a decent contingent from DFW make the quick drive.

Fiesta Bowl 65,172

The tourist office types and media publicized that they estimated 220,000 extra people in town. Do you think that many people tailgate or visit the town the bowl is in to watch in sports bars? I have no idea but I wonder if for some reason Phoenix/Tempe/etc. is a huge New Year's Day destination. That's the only other thing I can think of.

A reporter from Arizona said there were no more than 7500 in the stands in Shreveport. Also said the Northwestern State band dressed in Zona colors and was introduced as the Arizona band.

Originally published: Dec 30, 2013 - 5:57 pm

Three universities will be represented in Tuesday's AdvoCare V100 Bowl in Shreveport, La.

In the gridiron matchup, Arizona will face off against Boston College at Independence Stadium. But at halftime, the Boston College marching band will share the spotlight with Northwestern State's marching band, who has been hired to fill in for the Arizona band, according to Fox 33 News in Shreveport.

The university, which located in Natchitoches, La., south of Shreveport, is well-acclaimed and expenses for the band, along with additional support, will be provided by Arizona.

"We are glad to have this opportunity to both showcase our band and help give the University of Arizona football program and its fans the best possible bowl experience, said Northwestern State Director of Bands Dr. Jeffrey C. Mathews. "Our band is excited about doing this. And we'll be dressed in cardinal red and navy blue on Dec. 31. We have been working with the staff at the University of Arizona to learn about their game day performances and what they do to support the Wildcats."

Kickoff is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 31.

Link: http://arizonasports.com/45/1688458/Arizona-to-rent-marching-band-for-bowl-game

The tourist office types and media publicized that they estimated 220,000 extra people in town. Do you think that many people tailgate or visit the town the bowl is in to watch in sports bars? I have no idea but I wonder if for some reason Phoenix/Tempe/etc. is a huge New Year's Day destination. That's the only other thing I can think of.

I always said if my Dolphins made it to the Super Bowl, I would go to whatever city in which it was played and tailgate until I passed out.