More info on Josh Greer

Harry

BTW I am officially warming up on this kid. He's had some injuries, his junior season at Arllington and last season the collarbone at Navarro...but he returned to lead Navarro to a season ending bowl win against Hinds JC. I wish I. Could figure out what happened to him at UAB. He got there early in the spring leaving high school and participated in their spring drills. The UAB fans seemed really excited about him. Next thing you know he's transferring to Navarro.

He has a lot of upside namely his size (6-5) and his arm strength. He's actually more of a proven commodity haven played against the junior college level where there are some pretty good athletes who didn't make their grades. It appears that UNT offered him out of high school so they are pretty familiar with him.

My first instinct when I heard he was visiting was what's going on with the guys we have but now I can see it as an insurance policy if Dajon, McNulty and Berglund don't work out.

In don't see it as much a slight to McNulty, Berglund or DaJon as the fact that the bar has been raised here. We expect to win 8-9 games every season. from the expectation standpoint we do not have the luxury of having a losing season because we are learning on the job at QB. Look at the results in C-USA this season. The teams without QB's or trying to nurse along young ones struggled mightily. Even Tulane with their outstanding defense struggled because of their issues at QB. It's without a doubt the most important position on the team.

In don't see it as much a slight to McNulty, Berglund or DaJon as the fact that the bar has been raised here. We expect to win 8-9 games every season. from the expectation standpoint we do not have the luxury of having a losing season because we are learning on the job at QB. Look at the results in C-USA this season. The teams without QB's or trying to nurse along young ones struggled mightily. Even Tulane with their outstanding defense struggled because of their issues at QB. It's without a doubt the most important position on the team.

I think raising the bar is a better way of putting it. I didn't mean it as a slight either.

Whoever wins the job, I really like the schedule. It's a throw them into the fire game against UT, where they can take some lumps and go out with little to lose like the Georgia game, then a winnable home game against a decent team in SMU, which I think will be much like our Ball State game from this year in terms of a measuring stick. Then we have a pad the stats game for our qb against Nicholls State, kind of like the Idaho game, followed by a tough but winnable road game against Indiana, which stacks up a lot like the Ohio game from this year.

We can afford to be 1-3 in non-conference while building our new qbs confidence heading into conference play, but I think 2-2 should be what we shoot for with potentially a realistic shot at 3-1. Again, we'll have a pretty good idea of what we're looking at both at qb and as a team next year after the SMU game, maybe the UT game.

• Upvote 1