UNT moves forward on Hotel and Convention Center deal

Harry

We tailgate on the old number 3/13 fairways. Plenty of room for the kids to run around, lots of trees to utilize when nature calls, but we miss the Mean Green march. That is the only negative. Maybe they could bring the team bus in from Bonnie Brae and drop them off somewhere over there for the march.

We tailgate on the old number 3/13 fairways. Plenty of room for the kids to run around, lots of trees to utilize when nature calls, but we miss the Mean Green march. That is the only negative. Maybe they could bring the team bus in from Bonnie Brae and drop them off somewhere over there for the march.

Just to clarify, I am 10000% behind this project and am thrilled. Just hope they come up with a tailgating plan B and think this through.

I'm guessing the Houlihan's will become a big hangout for pre-game...and post game... please don't compare this to a typical Houlihan's like you would see in the neighborhood. Think O'Connells by the OU stadium...

I wonder if the team will still use the hotel over by the Alliance airport?

It would be nice to see them make use of some of the greenspace as you could do that while not infringing on the Denia folks too much...

Which that reminds me the Denia gang is probably going to raise hell again with this bad boy coming into the neighborhood.

Just to clarify, I am 10000% behind this project and am thrilled. Just hope they come up with a tailgating plan B and think this through.

I'm guessing the Houlihan's will become a big hangout for pre-game...and post game... please don't compare this to a typical Houlihan's like you would see in the neighborhood. Think O'Connells by the OU stadium...

I wonder if the team will still use the hotel over by the Alliance airport?

It would be nice to see them make use of some of the greenspace as you could do that while not infringing on the Denia folks too much...

Which that reminds me the Denia gang is probably going to raise hell again with this bad boy coming into the neighborhood.

Could we make Denia happy with a better (and expanded) Bonnie Brae along with additional access roads to get our fans in and out of the Mean Green Village quicker on Game Days?

If so...................I VOTE LET'S MAKE ALL THE DENIA'ITES VERY, VERY HAPPY PEOPLE!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20131210-council-oks-convention-center-deal.ece

I'm sort of interested on how this will affect The Hill...this is a pretty big facility.

Been thinking the same...if played properly, it could unify the tailgating scene into something more like the grove at ole miss. I love the Hill and those that occupy it but some more structure to how it is laid out and spaces for reserving, etc would probably do some good. And then leave the parking permit area and the grass behind it as the free for all it already is.

• 1 month later...