Our Offense

meangreanmick

Nobody's perfect, but I'm not complaining about an 8-4 season which is only 15 points from being 9-1. I'm proud of this football team and coaching staff. (RV too}. WE ARE GOING BOWLING!

Just wanted to throw this out there, for some of you to Marinate on.

The North Texas offense scored over 30 points in six games this season, the most since returning to FBS football in 1995 and it marks only the fifth time in school history the Mean Green has had a season of scoring 30 points or more in six games.

North Texas has rushed for over 300-yards three times in 2013, which is the most in a single season since 1959. NT has 2,208 rushing yards for the season, which are the 13th most rushing yards in a single season in school history.

North Texas has shattered the school record for total offense in a single season with 4,939 yards of offense. The Mean Green can surpass the 5,000 yard mark for the first time in school history with 61 yards in the bowl game.

The Mean Green offensive line for the second straight season ranks in the top-10 in the nation for fewest sacks allowed. NT has allowed only 10 sacks this season, which ranks seventh in the nation. Since 2012, the North Texas offensive line has allowed the fewest sacks in the nation with just 16.

North Texas set a school record for 3rd down conversions this season, converting 46 percent on 3rd down.

Since 2011, the Mean Green offense has three of the top-10 rushing games in school history. In addition the Mean Green has rushed for 28 touchdowns, which is tied for the second most in school history and the most since 2003.

North Texas had had four games of over 500-yards of total offense this season for only the second time in school history. It ties the previous record set in 2009 and one more game of 500 yards of total offense will break the school record.

• Upvote 5

People complain about our conservative style or slow starts. However, that is our game plan. Pound the rock and eventually in the second half you will see the benefits of it. In three games this season (not counting UG) that did not lead to a victory, but for the most part our offense did their job. I think this team is build around this pound the rock mentality. The coaches know with this defense and special teams you don't need to depart much from this game plan to get a victory. Worked 8 times this season. I see nothing wrong with our offense.

The North Texas offense scored over 30 points in six games this season, the most since returning to FBS football in 1995 and it marks only the fifth time in school history the Mean Green has had a season of scoring 30 points or more in six games.

North Texas has rushed for over 300-yards three times in 2013, which is the most in a single season since 1959. NT has 2,208 rushing yards for the season, which are the 13th most rushing yards in a single season in school history.

North Texas has shattered the school record for total offense in a single season with 4,939 yards of offense. The Mean Green can surpass the 5,000 yard mark for the first time in school history with 61 yards in the bowl game.

The Mean Green offensive line for the second straight season ranks in the top-10 in the nation for fewest sacks allowed. NT has allowed only 10 sacks this season, which ranks seventh in the nation. Since 2012, the North Texas offensive line has allowed the fewest sacks in the nation with just 16.

North Texas set a school record for 3rd down conversions this season, converting 46 percent on 3rd down.

Since 2011, the Mean Green offense has three of the top-10 rushing games in school history. In addition the Mean Green has rushed for 28 touchdowns, which is tied for the second most in school history and the most since 2003.

North Texas had had four games of over 500-yards of total offense this season for only the second time in school history. It ties the previous record set in 2009 and one more game of 500 yards of total offense will break the school record.

I like the stats and I agree that our game is to pound the rock but I would like to see more diversity on 1st down. So, yes, 1st downs are good but if you run the ball as much as we did during the UTSA game on first downs, we are then really playing 2 down football. Some games have been called better than others but I would say our offense really craps out with bad play calling. I put it on the OC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like the stats and I agree that our game is to pound the rock but I would like to see more diversity on 1st down. So, yes, 1st downs are good but if you run the ball as much as we did during the UTSA game on first downs, we are then really playing 2 down football. Some games have been called better than others but I would say our offense really craps out with bad play calling. I put it on the OC.

We didn't run the ball any more on first down than we have all year. Our ratio stayed at 65% run 35% pass for the UTSA game. I agree Coach Canales didn't call his best game and I thought he got away from the run on second down too much. We were really heavy on pass percentage in 2nd and 4+ yards to go. Poor executed pass plays turned things into 3rd and longs where we were stuck passing again. It was a day where I thought UNT needed to grind it out and stay patient. I thought we got caught trying to match their passing game. It was just bad all around, poor execution and poor play calling.

Against Tulsa I thought Coach C called a really nice game from the start. He bounced back. I'm interested to see how we handle this time off in prep for our bowl opponent. After both bye weeks this year we have come out really flat.

Is that including the defensive and special team points? Or strictly the O?