Southeastern Louisiana (11/30/13)

CMJ

On radio broadcast, Evan mentioned only 3rd 5 win November in program history. Last in 2010. Nice to see things settling down a bit. After getting blown out by Idaho mid way through the game, the Portland comeback is looking pretty big. Hoping to somehow see .500 by the end of the year.

• Upvote 1

All we had to do was beat Columbia and we would be off to the best start in school history (I believe). I will take 5-3 though!

I don't believe that's true, but I am too lazy to look. I would think a few of those Blakeley teams would have had better starts.

I don't believe that's true, but I am too lazy to look. I would think a few of those Blakeley teams would have had better starts.

They said we are one of only three teams in school history to have a record this good to start the season. It was also mentioned in the program at the game.

The others were 2006 and 2010

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2

They said we are one of only five teams in he hooligans history to have a record this good to start the season. It was also mentioned in the program at the game.

He actually said...one of only 3 teams in program history to have five wins in November. But you have to realize that teams didn't used to start their seasons until mid to late November. It probably wasn't possible to have 5 wins that early till about 15 years ago.

• Upvote 2

He actually said...one of only 3 teams in program history to have five wins in November. But you have to realize that teams didn't used to start their seasons until mid to late November. It probably wasn't possible to have 5 wins that early till about 15 years ago.

That is correct. Thanks. Even so I would bet if we had beaten Columbia we would be right up there.

(Although one of the teams mentioned was a 4 win team in the program. Could have miss read it though...

The one thing I gather from this game is that our offense still needs some work! I cannot stand when we pass on the open shot to drive into the lane and throw up a terrible look. Happened a lot tonight. Maybe it is just me but I would pull that all day.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

We started 13-2 in 2010-11. And beat Tech.

5-2 in 2009-10

8-2 in 2008-9

8-2 in 2007-8

7-2 in 2006-7

But, if we'd managed to beat Idaho... Our record would indeed be right up there in the top 6 or 7 starts to a season out of the past 8 years.