Is K-Luv Closing down? Nightmare

K-Luv My morning wake up station, is going all Christmas Music until end of the day Christmas.

It kills me in department stores when they start play Christmas Music before Thanksgiving, is this a sign they are closing the station down, or are they freaking idiots.

I really like Christmas music, but non stop for like 7-6 weeks that is a form of hell and a nightmare for sure.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

To nights episode "All Christmas Music. Nothing but Christmas music. F-O-R-E-V-E-R !"

http://kluv.cbslocal.com/2013/11/15/its-christmas-time-at-kluv/

I've found that when stations end up as "the Christmas music station", it's one of two things.

1) The station is going under, or will be soon covering a different genre, so it's no big loss if listeners tune out because of the constant holiday "cheer".

2) If there isn't a station in the market with considerable enough exposure for the above, one of the stations with a wide adult range (easy listening, light rock, etc.) tends to pick up the mantle of holiday station and then goes back to their normal rotation in January.

I agree that it's annoying. One thing that I used to like about holidays was the music. Then it came earlier and in greater concentrations and now I can barely stand it. It's like when you go on a cruise in the Caribbean and they feel the need to play steel drums ad nauseum over the speakers. It's intended to instill a mood but instead comes off as slow torture.

I'm taking the assumption that CBS Radio is using 98.7 this year instead of 103.7 for "The Christmas Station". Maybe something to do with the (slight) format change KVIL went through this year? I would expect things to be back to normal after Christmas on KLUV.

Why why why would anyone want to listen to nothing but Christmas music for 6-7 weeks, and I like Christmas Music. What is the target audience? Why would anyone think this is a good idea? I tune in as I imagine most their listeners do to hear a specific format. I could see them mix some in, but only Christmas songs is a beating quick.

Oh well it looks like it will be Bo and Jim now, I guess they are oldies now also.

I dunno guys, it could be worse.... the music teacher was playing Hanukkah music at the Hebrew school I teach at on Sunday... Imagine 4 songs playing on a continuous loop until right after the CUSA championship game

*Forgets Hanukkah starts on Thanksgiving this year*

*Thanks the lord the Ticket doesn't play Christmas Music*

My dad was a radio sales guy. I can't imagine the death knell of facing two months of trying to sell ads to a backdrop of Bing Crosby in 2013.

Bing Crosby and David Bowie - together.

Why why why would anyone want to listen to nothing but Christmas music for 6-7 weeks, and I like Christmas Music. What is the target audience?

Elves?

And if you think Christmas music on the radio is a beating, try working in retail. a MONTH of the same damn 20 or so "Christmas" songs for 8 hours. To make it worse, it's the crappiest ones they play the most of, like Bruce Springsteen's "You Better Watch Out", The Bengals "Merry Christmas, and the worst of the worst, Paul McCartney's "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time"

I forgot how much I hated it until I had to work at Dick's Sporting Goods a few years ago during Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Elves?

And if you think Christmas music on the radio is a beating, try working in retail. a MONTH of the same damn 20 or so "Christmas" songs for 8 hours. To make it worse, it's the crappiest ones they play the most of, like Bruce Springsteen's "You Better Watch Out", The Bengals "Merry Christmas, and the worst of the worst, Paul McCartney's "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time"

I forgot how much I hated it until I had to work at Dick's Sporting Goods a few years ago during Christmas.

A-FREAKING-MEN!!! The Christmas season I worked at Best Buy was the worst. You hit the nail on the head, too. It's never the good Christmas music. It's the stuff that's monotonous enough to loop endlessly in the MP3 player of your mind until you finally fall asleep . . . only for it to return when you get back into work the next day. I find that thoroughly flushing it with about three straight hours of a smoke alarm will kill it. That, or standing next to your local air raid siren. After that, I totally forgot about how the Christmas music was wearing me down. You see what I'm gettin' at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jJQ0Nmzf7c&noredirect=1