SportsChatPlace UNT Southern Miss Pick

Harry

The North Texas Mean Green visit MM Roberts Stadium to take the field with the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles.

North Texas is beginning the second half of the season needing a few wins to solidify a postseason berth. It's been so far, so good with the Mean Green winning back to back contests following a 28-13 victory overt Louisiana Tech on the road. A balanced offense and solid defense were the key against the Bulldogs who actually out gained UNT 404-386. North Texas totaled 165 yards on the ground with Brandin Byrd leading the way with 71 yards on 14 totes with Antoinne Jimmerson adding another 50 yards on 14 carries. Derek Thompson completed 16-24 for 221 yards including a 61 yard scoring toss to Brelan Chancellor while the defense also got on the scoreboard with a 56 yard pick six.

Read more at http://sportschatplace.com/cfb-picks/2013/10/26/southern-miss-golden-eagles-vs-north-texas-mean-green-prediction#6mj6mqxGB2QdxI5P.99

I watched the game again last night, and now I'm worried about this weekend a little bit. DT seems to take a long time to find a rythym. In the first half he threw off his back foot a ton and had about 3 balls almost picked to go along with the screen crap that was picked. Balls were thrown way high in the first half just like the Tulane game. The final score doesn't really indicate how close LA Tech was in the game. They missed a chip shot field goal, they had first and goal again and had to settle for a field goal, they threw a pick to Whitfield in the red zone. I know it's all part of the game, but that game was not nearly as one sided as the score indicates.

• Upvote 1

I don't think we are at the position in our rebuilding effort to overlook any team at this point, and I agree that the game was closer than the score indicated.

DT was 16-24 (8 incompletions or a 66% completion percentage), which is very close to his season stats (67.9% completion percentage), so I would love to see what his stats would be should he find his rythym earlier. I think a lot of the early game issues are a result of the game plan going in and taking a little time to adjust.

• Upvote 1