'We Bleed Green' NT Frosh Cheer Practice:1 Hr B-4 Rice Game

PlummMeanGreen

This is just one of many proposed ideas that have come from this forum from various posters including this little ol' wine-maker....me. (The wine-maker bit from an old TV commercial, Young Gun'ners). __________________________________________________________________

Game Time: 6:30 PM..........North Texas Mean Green vs the Rice Owls.........

A Nationally Televised Game.........Halloween Night !

.......NT Frosh have a "We Bleed Green" Cheer Practice starts at 5:00 PM or 5:30 PM before 6:30 TV kick-off. (We do not have "Yell Practices" at North Texas). :)

Objective? A time for our huge UNT frosh' class to practice up for some key Mean Green yells which will be heard by a large national TV audience.

......Coordinated by UNT cheerleaders with assistance from other volunteer student group(s).

:alien00078:All our 2013 UNT Freshmen Class will do is merely duplicate the Pep Rally they had the first week of our home season opener when over 4,000 UNT frosh showed up in 100 degree weather at the Apogee Stadium student side.

Subtle Hint: It will not be 100 degrees on October 31'st.

This Pep Rally:

med_gallery_1_2_67534.jpg

"We Bleed Green" T-shirts? Probably too late for that.

GMG!

PS: Just a promo idea for an important game, that's all.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I like it! And will remind my class that Tuesday

laxtonto: it was just a promo idea per my PS toward bottom of my post! LOL! (Glad you like the idea, though, but one I predict will become another File 13 item from GMG.com but.......... none of us ever give up hope with such things, now do we)?

No doubt about it, though, that all our Mean Green (insert a green heart) 's are in the right place. :thumbsu:

GMG!

PS: Thing about it is, though, that the size of our crowd and the noise it makes on Halloween Night could mean the difference between a win or a loss.

We have all seen what the 12'th Man make that the, uh, 12'th Player, ie, the home crowd can mean for the home team at a college football game.

GMG ! !

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

.......NT Frosh could have a "We Bleed Green" Cheer Practice starting around 5:00 PM or 5:30 PM before the 6:30 TV kick-off. ( Of course, we do not have "Yell Practices" at North Texas. now do we). :)

Name it whatever you want to name it but this would also get an early crowd inside the stadium (not our specialty of late) when the TV people scream......................Lights! Cameras! Action!

And this idea won't cost our students a $5 T-shirt (still a dandy promo idea IMO) on a night we need masses inside our LEEDS Platinum certified as well as world class intercollegiate football stadium since...................

THIS.................Apogee Stadium, UNT and Denton are all 3 going to be under a high powered national TV microscope come Halloween Night.

Put as many clusters of ideas together as we need to pull this thing off is what this 42 years fan of Mean Green football is thinking.

GMG!

:hair: PS: We cant' afford to have a TCU Amon Carter Stadium entire empty side of fans stadium moment like the Froggies had at their Kansas game 2 weeks ago; that is, at our North Texas/Rice Owls nationally televised game, folks. (I'd would post that pic of ACS but I don't have that pic to post).

Think Halloween Night At Apogee Stadium! floating-ghost.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

This is another "why not" idea. Somebody call the UNT Cheer coordinator, if they say yes then call the Daily. Make a big cardboard sign and stick it wherever you plan to hold it. Then lead everybody into the game afterwards. Want me to call the Cheer office?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Blatantly copying other's traditions is not something us students are too fond of. Even though it's not at midnight, students will easily see through it. If the ULL game is anything to go by last year then you won't have any trouble getting students to the game. You should really come up with something that will KEEP students at the game, especially after half time, as many will want to leave early so they can attend their Halloween parties.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Snowy, you think TAMU has a corner of the market on cheer practice which they call "yell" practice?

Aggie yell practice at midnight does make them different than the rest of us at the NCAA FBS level you are correct in saying, but maybe someone needs to explain to some of us the pic of a UNT Pep Rally at the top of this post? Didn't the UNT cheerleaders during that 100 degree plus evening introduce new cheers to new UNT students?

Snowy, we appreciate you and all our UNT students with many of your UNT student predecessors who were signifcant players in making Apogee Stadium possible with their passing of a referendum back in the day. Yall have mostly been supportive most Game Days for of a football program that has been going through a pretty rough patch the last 8 years. Today's UNT students are now part of a turnaround many of us old pharts have been waiting on for a long time.

Again, the UNT students showed up nicely for the last home game, too, and are to be applauded for that but I assure you....other NCAA FBS schools other than TAMU have Pep Rallys (none of us dare call them...... Yell Practice) and at those events have worked on their respective school's cheers with the cheerleaders. Such rallies are usually the way new students learn their new school's cheers, quite frankly.

Snowy, as you know, we have a great student body and I think the plan is for Apogee Stadium for a very crucial and important CUSA Rice U game is toactually be one,giant Halloween party. Best part of this, though, is that this Halloween party will be on national television. Few other student bodies in the NCAA will be able to say the same thing on their campuses this upcoming Halloween night..

You are a great UNT student, Snowy, as to come on this forum and express your opinion which is a good thing. Stay on the high road, though, at all times because the air is much better at that stratusphere.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I certainly don't support mirroring just about any aTm ideas, but as Plumm said, it's a student-involved cheer/pep rally before the game and just about any FBS school with a lick of student support can get something like that rolling. Not everybody has to go...but it would get some involvement in the pre-game festivities and atmosphere, and could get some new faces in the crowd. It doesn't really require any new expenditures or personnel, so why not give it a whirl and see how it goes?

There is almost no such thing as an original idea at this point. Good luck coming up with something that no one has ever done before. Knowing that, why not give this a try? If it doesn't work , blame Plumm for a terrible idea and try something else.

LIke your style, forevereagle! :thumbsu:

And yes! I will take full blame if this idea goes into the crapper! Just try it or some variation of it but this..........It's not really my idea at all, its more of a request for a repeat performance of the Pep Rally held during our first Game Week (vs Idaho) as seen in the photo on this thread's first post.

IF...........that many Frosh at that Pep Rally show for the Rice game, then most of the Apogee east stadium will be at full capacity.

We have a large number of our best fans who are not going to be at Apogee on Halloween night because of it being a week night and grandchildren or children who have their own school festivals. I have 2 such tickets given to me from one of our best alums/fans I've known most my adult life and 2 of my own season tickets that at this point will have fans attached to them on Halloween night, but that is just 4 fans. I know many of your are bringing so many more, too. Looks like we will need all pistons running for us to get a good crowd for national TV.

It's like this, folks, our coaches, our team and even we fans/alums need good things to start happening to us at the turnstiles, too. Our favorite college football team is doing their part....we fans/alums just need to do ours. We can do this.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Students are going to be there and in a large force. No need for a 5:00 yell. Its a nice thought but I promise we're coming in big numbers. I'm worried not many alumni will be able to come due to work the next day but that's the way Thursday night games go sometimes, but if Unt does a good job marketing the game as "the game" that can make us bowl eligible there is no doubt in my mind that word of mouth will spread like wildfire and the student section will look similar to that of the Houston game.

GMG

• Downvote 1

Just feed the students (once they're in the stadium).

:thumbsu: That is a great idea, Stix!

And beer for all those old enough to drink it? :)

Again if not the original idea of this thread just do a command repeat performance of that first week of the season Pep Rally by our great UNT 2013 Freshmen Class! How did they get that group out in 100 degrees? Just curious.

Addendum: Is it just me or do most of our Apogee Stadium TV camera crowd shots mostly always on the Student Side and the Wing Zone with rare crowd shots of our West Side? That is fine by me, but that seems to be what I've noticed with our televised games of late.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Blatantly copying other's traditions is not something us students are too fond of. Even though it's not at midnight, students will easily see through it. If the ULL game is anything to go by last year then you won't have any trouble getting students to the game. You should really come up with something that will KEEP students at the game, especially after half time, as many will want to leave early so they can attend their Halloween parties.

I didn't realize aTm had cornered the market on pep rallies. We do have our fair share of blatantly copying traditions, but to say that an organized pep rally would be a copy of the midnight yell is just kind of absurd.

• Upvote 2

Addendum: Is it just me or do most of our Apogee Stadium TV camera crowd shots mostly always on the Student Side and the Wing Zone with rare crowd shots of our West Side? That is fine by me, but that seems to be what I've noticed with our televised games of late.

The cameras face that side of the stadium and generally the student side is more entertaining to look at. That's the case everywhere.

• Upvote 2