Man that hurt!

Harry

hares gonna hate....

The ones that concern me more are the minions of alums in the DFW area that just don't care either way.

This is why I can't stand that damn Peter Rabbit. A hare like no other, I tell ya.

And if our alumni have minions, can't they just send them to the games in their stead?

• Upvote 2

So I basically stayed away from the board all weekend because of the insanity that normally happens.

Few things that are interesting.

Many are saying how this reminds them of games in past.years. It should remind you of game 2 of this year. Basically the offense was terrible most of the game. DT forced a throw that resulted in a pick 6.

The defense kept the team in the game but when needed to make a key stop late could not do it, and we come up short.

Some are calling for the coaches heads - I don't think that is warranted due to playcalling or in-game management. This staff is taking a team with minimal playmakers and keeping them in games. If you have concerns about the staff, it shouldn't be about in-game or preparedness for games. It should be about recruiting. After the last two big Dodge recruits in Chancellor and Orr leave this year, who will make plays?

DT is playing much better this year, but this is basically the same offense as last year. We cannot run the ball, and we don't throw deep. so it's pretty easy to gameplan for. I miss Dunbar

Our defense is much better this year, but it's basically the same as last year, we don't get a ton of dline push and the secondary rarely picks off a pass, so it's pretty easy to gameplan for. I miss Booger

Our improvement this year is due to experience and overall team strength. It makes us hard to beat, but I doubt it scares anyone on our schedule. 6 wins is possible, but it won't be easy. 8 are also possible, as are 4. We just don't have much margin for error.

• Upvote 1

I'm not reading through all of the other threads, but I have 3 major thoughts on this game:

1. I haven't seen a lot mentioned about the penalties... most of them on the defense... most of them either ticky-tack, or just plain terrible. 11 penalties for 105 YARDS! Lots of them were of the 15yd variety against lil Montana, and virtually none of them should have been called. The FG at the end of the game came off of a 15yd penalty for a facemask call that I didnt see. It was the difference between 2nd/3rd (I can't remember) at the 30yd line and first &10 at the 15yd line.

I also saw a replay of the 4th quarter Kidsy first down catch that was called a no-catch. Not sure what the refs saw during their review, because the replay I saw in the dome clearly showed a catch. Coach Mac was pissed.

I hate complaining about refs, but some of those calls were bad.

In the end, these penalties mean nothing since throwing a pick-6 and having a field goal blocked/returned for a TD are what lost the game.

2. The defense is not the problem. I still have alot of confidence in this defense. I'm kinda concerned though if they are going to get rung-up on penalties like this for the remainder of the conference slate. Let's hope this week was the anomaly and not the norm, because if they keep getting these terrible calls against them, they're going to lighten up and not play as aggressively due to fear of a penalty, and that wont be good.

3. I'm not sure what has happened to the run game this year. Was Fortenberry really that much of a difference-maker last year? The run game was not very good before Johnson got banged up, and it's not good with him out either, so he's not the difference. The rest of the o-line is virtually the same. If we cannot get a run-game established, we're asking Derek Thompson to be Peyton Manning... and that's not fair to him, because he's not that kind of QB. The passing game is going well. ESPECIALLY when we get the uptempo offense rolling.

Basically: if we don't get the run game going, we're not going to win many more games.

• Upvote 1