Channel 8 WFAA UNT Practice Coverage

UNT90

That was.... some weird editing to a still b-roll of the Wingzone and the audio edits behind it.

They can't show NCAA footage on the web. The highlights were on rolled over the air. And covered for web up load. They didn't have practice b roll, to plug in because no one has been able ringer any.
  • Upvote 1

I don't understand the practice open or closed thing. I stood right outside the fence and watched 30 minutes of practice jugst now with no issue.

Are people wanting a fall game type of thing or what?

After the poor turnout this year for our kick off event it's hard to understand how you still don't understand.

Oh well. Maybe next year a light will go off and they will roll a fan day/kick off scrimmage event all into one event like many other programs do to promote the team at the beginning of the year?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They can't show NCAA footage on the web. The highlights were on rolled over the air. And covered for web up load. They didn't have practice b roll, to plug in because no one has been able ringer any.

That's really interesting. Is that a NCAA rule or proprietary use of footage from various networks?

After the poor turnout this year for our kick off event it's hard to understand how you still don't understand.

Oh well. Maybe next year a light will go off and they will roll a fan day/kick off scrimmage event all into one event like many other programs do to promote the team at the beginning of the year?

Rick

This I can understand and it would actually motivate me to drive to Denton.

• Downvote 2

That's really interesting. Is that a NCAA rule or proprietary use of footage from various networks?

If you think back, the only game we were on nationally was ULaLa, which was on ESPN. That's where they would have procured game footage. They didn't have to send a photog out to get highlight footage. They wpuld just rolled on it back at the station and aired any highlights that night. I beleive it's an ESPN restriction, for online use. There is usually a 24hr use license(I think. it's 24hrs.)

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

This is what we could really take advantage of if we ever got relevant. There is no one in this area that is a bigger local media member than Dale Hansen. He would love to take good care of a fellow Iowan--plus, the Hayden Fry connection could be talked about even more. Hansen is a huuugggeee Nebraska fan, since they were a power in his days up there, but I'm sure he would love to support a winning UNT program with his good buddy!!

• Upvote 1

Have to say....when I see these interviews, I often think about coworkers, friends, family, etc that see this as they're watching the news and I always feel a little pride...but when Dale brought up the academic performance of our team, it took it to another level. I hope a lot of people saw that.

Very proud of the team and what they've accomplished in the classroom.

They deserve to get the same on the field this year.

Doing things the right way!

Mentioning how strong we are academically was definitely a big plus.

• Upvote 1