Cajuns hire former UNT coach TJ Hubbard

Harry

LAFAYETTE, La. - T.J. Hubbard, former head coach at North Texas, who won 161 games in six seasons will be joining the Ragin' Cajuns softball coaching staff as an assistant coach, as announced by head coach Michael Lotief.

The hiring is pending approval by the University of Louisiana System Board of Supervisors.

"I'm grateful and thankful for [Lotief] giving me the opportunity," Hubbard said. "The rich history that [Louisiana] has had in the Sun Belt conference and in post season is exciting to be apart of."

"T.J. and I have a long relationship." Lotief said of the hiring. "We had a respect for each other, not only in terms of coaching and competing against each other, but philosophically. We saw a lot of the aspects of the game the same way."

Hubbard spent the last 10 years with North Texas, starting as an assistant coach in 2003 for the schools first team, before taking over as head coach for six years from 2007-13.

While at the helm of the Mean Green softball program, Hubbard became the all-time leader in wins, and posted the two best-winning seasons in school history. He finished with a 161-161-1 record.

read more: http://www.katc.com/news/cajuns-softball-hires-former-unt-head-coach-tj-hubbard/#_

Just FYI....Coach Hubbard WAS NOT FIRED! If you think so, you are simply mistaken. This move was strictly a family move...less responsibilities than he had as a head coach, still in coaching as he wanted and a bunch...Bunch...more time for a young family AND a really nice raise. He fully intended to return to Oklahoma before this offer came up. It was indeed a family decision...no one was fired! Get it? Good.

Good luck Coach Hubbard and thanks for what you did for the Mean Green!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just FYI....Coach Hubbard WAS NOT FIRED! If you think so, you are simply mistaken. This move was strictly a family move...less responsibilities than he had as a head coach, still in coaching as he wanted and a bunch...Bunch...more time for a young family AND a really nice raise. He fully intended to return to Oklahoma before this offer came up. It was indeed a family decision...no one was fired! Get it? Good.

Good luck Coach Hubbard and thanks for what you did for the Mean Green!

Stinks like fish...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Your now, some of these replies remind me of a certain Tom Cruise movie line...You want the truth...you can't stand the truth! Some of you folks would not know the truth ...or believe anything that is not of a negative nature...if hit hit you square in the nose. Who ever the FOOL was that gave me -1for letting folks know the story is so typical of the many so-called UNT fans these days..always looking for the negative. Too bad...sad and generally negative people always want something to be negative for some reason and it always seems to be the same folks. Every notice that?

The info I posted is EXACTLY how it happened. Believe it...don't believe it, your call...it's just the facts. Heck, why should that matter to the "usual suspects"? Ha!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We live in a world where everybody wants to put their "spin" on the story in order to save face, so excuse us for drawing conclusions based on "facts". We're not saying he's a terrible person just seems kind of odd considering the "facts" the AD provided us.

You can't take forums too personally. Same team Farva.

• Upvote 3

We live in a world where everybody wants to put their "spin" on the story in order to save face, so excuse us for drawing conclusions based on "facts". We're not saying he's a terrible person just seems kind of odd considering the "facts" the AD provided us.

You can't take forums too personally. Same team Farva.

BS....AD had it correct at the time...only seems odd to those looking for another negative Mean Green spin, but keep playing and keep justifying the negative crap if it makes you feel better...like I sad..."you can't sand the truth".... So you refuse to hear it. Great....Spin it your your way.

BS....AD had it correct at the time...only seems odd to those looking for another negative Mean Green spin, but keep playing and keep justifying the negative crap if it makes you feel better...like I sad..."you can't sand the truth".... So you refuse to hear it. Great....Spin it your your way.

Why would either way be a negative spin? Terminating a coach is not necessarily a bad thing. No I don't buy the story, because it makes no sense. He may have not been fired, but I don't see how taking an assistant job unless it is part time is going to give anyone more family time. In your other post you spoke of him moving back to Oklahoma to be close to his family, have you ever thought that maybe you are not has connected to your sources as you think you are?

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why would either way be a negative spin? Terminating a coach is not necessarily a bad thing. No I don't buy the story, because it makes no sense. He may have not been fired, but I don't see how taking an assistant job unless it is part time is going to give anyone more family time. In your other post you spoke of him moving back to Oklahoma to be close to his family, have you ever thought that maybe you are not has connected to your sources as you think you are?

You know, just what I expected. PM me if you want to know the facts and how the "sources" work here. Doubt I'll hear from you, but invitation is open. Will not post it in the open forum as I told the "source" I would not.

Edited by KRAM1

It's none of my business to know why he made his decision to leave the university, but I do have the right to raise a red flag and say it doesn't add up. If Coach Hubbard doesn't want to come forward with why he changed his mind, then that's ok too, but he is risking his reputation in doing so. That's just life.

We move on and hire another coach.

• Upvote 1

It's none of my business to know why he made his decision to leave the university, but I do have the right to raise a red flag and say it doesn't add up. If Coach Hubbard doesn't want to come forward with why he changed his mind, then that's ok too, but he is risking his reputation in doing so. That's just life.

We move on and hire another coach.

Reputation risk? Most would not even know who coached our softball team if he hadn't resigned. Seriously though, he is not here and owes us no explanation about anything now. Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 2