2013-2014 basketball schedule

THOR

C-USA Releases Men's Basketball Conference Schedule
NT Announces Portion Of Non-Conference Games

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gifJuly 29, 2013

DENTON, TX -

North Texas head basketball coach Tony Benford has unveiled a portion of the Mean Green’s 2013-14 non-conference schedule along with the complete Conference USA schedule.

Part of the Mean Green’s non-conference schedule includes the program’s first appearance in the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic as well as games against BYU and Texas A&M.

North Texas plays a 16-game league schedule in C-USA. The first year in C-USA for North Texas features home games against Southern Miss, Tulane, UAB, Middle Tennessee, Old Dominion, East Carolina, UTEP and Tulsa. North Texas travels to Marshall, Charlotte, Tulsa, Rice, Louisiana Tech, FIU, Florida Atlantic and UTSA.

North Texas plays its first C-USA game on January 9 when they host Southern Miss at the Super Pit. The two teams renew a long standing rivalry for the 22nd time and for the first time since 1989. Two days later North Texas and Tulane meet for the first time on the hardwood at the Super Pit. The Mean Green plays at Marshall on January 16 as the two meet for just the second time and then Charlotte on January 18.

North Texas hosts UAB on January 23 as the school’s meet for only the second time in series history. Old rival MTSU comes to Denton on January 25. North Texas begins the month of February with three straight road games, at Tulsa (Feb. 1), at Rice (Feb. 6) and at Louisiana Tech (Feb. 8).

The Mean Green returns home for a Feb. 13 date with Old Dominion for the first time. East Carolina makes its first trip to the Super Pit on February 15 as the school’s clash for the third time. North Texas has three more road games at FIU (Feb. 20), at Florida Atlantic (Feb. 22) and at UTSA (Feb. 27) to finish out the road schedule before returning home to battle UTEP (March 2) and Tulsa (March 6). The C-USA Tournament will be played in El Paso from March 12-15.

NT will open the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic at Oklahoma on Nov. 12. The resurgent Sooners returned to the NCAA Tournament last season thanks to second-year head coach Lon Kruger. The tournament continues with three games in as many days against Idaho, Columbia and regional site host Portland beginning Nov. 21.

Idaho and North Texas shared a Big West Conference rivalry from 1997-2000, while Columbia first met a young Mean Green squad at the LMU Centennial Classic in Los Angeles in 2011.

On Dec. 4, BYU welcomes NT to Provo, Utah for the first time since 1989, where the Mean Green will take on a Cougars squad that advanced to the NIT semifinals in March.

Texas A&M will host the Mean Green for a New Year’s Eve showdown in College Station, Texas at 2 p.m. NT’s leading scorer, Jordan Williams, is one of six returning letterman for North Texas, which welcomes the No. 42 ranked recruiting class in the nation according to HoopScoopOnline.com. The remaining portion of the North Texas non-conference schedule will be released once the games are finalized.

2014 NT Conference USA Schedule

Jan. 9 vs. Southern Miss
Jan. 11 vs. Tulane
Jan. 16 at Marshall
Jan. 18 at Charlotte
Jan. 23 vs. UAB
Jan. 25 vs. MTSU
Feb. 1 at Tulsa
Feb. 6 at Rice
Feb. 8 at Louisiana Tech
Feb. 13 vs. Old Dominion
Feb. 15 vs. East Carolina
Feb. 20 at FIU
Feb. 22 at Florida Atlantic
Feb. 27 at UTSA
March 2 vs. UTEP
March 6 vs. Tulsa
March 12-15 Conference USA Tournament (El Paso, Texas)

Click here for direct link to press release

This post has been promoted to an article

so the schedule has every team playing each other once, except for your travel partner, which is a home and home? good i guess...

Yes that is how I understand it. With Tulsa leaving next year they will switch it up on us next year but theoretically they want you to have one close geographic rival that you can build a rivalry with due to playing them twice. I'm guessing that they did La. Tech and Tulane and Rice UTSA this year...haven't confirmed that though

No games in California?

794564046.gif?1374976733

Maybe I can convince the girlfriend to take a trip to Portland or something.

Let me know if you do. Mean Green Scrappy is talking about making the trip, and the wife and I have some friends who just got married and moved out there.

I didn't plan on any road games this year, but if you guys will be there, that makes the trip worthwhile. We'll go eat at The Ocean.