GoMeanGreen.com Coed Slow-Pitch Softball Rules

Harry

GoMeanGreen.com Coed Slow-Pitch Rules

1) Regardless of if you are in the field or not, all players will bat in order when their team is at bat.

2) Batting lineup must in alternating order by sex. If females are represented in fewer numbers than males, coaches will agree as to which slots females will be designated a place in the order. Example: if each team has three females and eight males, females will be slotted into the same position in the order on each side, i.e. second, fifth, eighth, etc.

3) All at-bats begin with a 1-1 count (1 ball, 1 strike).

4) 3rd foul ball in an at-bat (does not have to be consecutive) is an automatic out.

5) There must be at least 1 female playing the infield and at least 1 in the outfield.

6) “Rover” position in the outfield is permitted.

7) Courtesy base runners are permitted but must be of same sex.

8) If a male batter is walked in their at-bat, the following female in the lineup is automatically walked as well.

9) Maximum of 1 homerun per inning. Any subsequent HR hit after that will be declared an out.

10) Maximum of 5 runs per inning. Once an offensive team scores the 5th run, the inning ends.

MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!!

GoMeanGreen.com Coed Slow-Pitch Rules

1) Regardless of if you are in the field or not, all players will bat in order when their team is at bat.

2) Batting lineup must in alternating order by sex. If females are represented in fewer numbers than males, coaches will agree as to which slots females will be designated a place in the order. Example: if each team has three females and eight males, females will be slotted into the same position in the order on each side, i.e. second, fifth, eighth, etc.

3) All at-bats begin with a 1-1 count (1 ball, 1 strike).

4) 3rd foul ball in an at-bat (does not have to be consecutive) is an automatic out.

5) There must be at least 1 female playing the infield and at least 1 in the outfield.

6) “Rover” position in the outfield is permitted.

7) Courtesy base runners are permitted but must be of same sex.

8) If a male batter is walked in their at-bat, the following female in the lineup is automatically walked as well.

9) Maximum of 1 homerun per inning. Any subsequent HR hit after that will be declared an out.

10) Maximum of 5 runs per inning. Once an offensive team scores the 5th run, the inning ends.

MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!!

The winner may be the 1st team to stop the other from scoring 5 runs in an inning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The winner may be the 1st team to stop the other from scoring 5 runs in an inning.

Indeed...but if this rule was not there we might still be playing at 6pm that day.....Wendy will be the one who gets the home run for your team....book it Danno!

• Upvote 1

Yep...it is 7 innings or noon...whichever comes first.

Some of us might not survive if it goes any longer and noon seems such a good time for some great brisket and some cold beverages....

• Upvote 2

Got my glove.

No straw needed

Gonna catch and drink in the outfield!

Good times as always

Ummm. Maybe you missed the following KRAM1 quote from the other thread:

"OK...here's a biggie ..... NO BEER IN THE PLAYING FIELD AREA...TAILGATE, YES! PLAYING FIELD NO! We need to heed this rule, folks...will help us to keep being able to play these games on university fields. Thanks for understanding."

• Upvote 3

"OK...here's a biggie ..... NO BEER IN THE PLAYING FIELD AREA...TAILGATE, YES! PLAYING FIELD NO! We need to heed this rule, folks...will help us to keep being able to play these games on university fields. Thanks for understanding."

I'm sure we will see a really fast 40 time from Thor between innings as he heads to the parking lot!
  • Upvote 1

yep...missed that...hmmm....

yep...missed that...hmmm....

I know...I know. Bummer for me as well, but we need to "play nice" with these things so we can play again. Take comfort in the fact that you will have some time between innings!

Trust me...I am going to need an adult beverage or two as well.

• Upvote 2