Awasom remains absent

Harry

AWASOM REMAINS ABSENT -- Defensive end Adrian Awasom remains on the suspended list while trying to get passport issues sorted out, Benevides said. The former New York Giant, who has a Super Bowl ring, and defensive back Cord Parks were obtained from the Argos in the trade that sent Khalif Mitchell to Toronto.

A three-time conference all-star at North Texas, Awasom was born in the West African nation of Cameroon and still carries the passport of his birth. “He called us at 2 in the morning and told us there was an issue,” Benevides explained. “He plans to rectify it. When he’s here, I don’t know. It’s paperwork. It’s one of those things that happens at every camp.”

Awasom was signed by the Argonauts last December, so he’s had time to figure out a move to Canada is not the same as going from Texas to Oklahoma. He was supposed to be in Kamloops for the start of rookie camp last Thursday but received permission to delay his arrival because of a family matter.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/story+lines+Lions+pursue+training+camp/8462726/story.html#ixzz2V7lGn9GW

I think Cedric Hardman would have an issue with best UNT defensive end.

Agreed -- Hardeman was before my time but I know he was a stud. I just think you have to think about Awasom having the most talent ever at UNT -- not necessarily the best ever. I don't know if AA every met his full potential here...but he was still very good.