Scotty Young #1 after La. tech Spring

Harry

Before the Fall semester started, I took my car up to the Goodyear on University Drive. As I waited for the courtesy shuttle, I struck Wup a conversation with an older gentleman. As the conversation steered towards football, He mentioned his grandson was Scotty. he said Scotty's choice was UNT, but McCarney was holding a scholarship for another quarterback. That was before Bergland had transferred.

Edited by Peacock
  • Upvote 4

Before the Fall semester started, I took my car up to the Goodyear on University Drive. As I waited for the courtesy shuttle, I struck Wup a conversation with an older gentleman. As the conversation steered towards football, He mentioned his grandson was Scotty. he said Scotty's choice was UNT, but McCarney was holding a scholarship for another quarterback. That was before Bergland had transferred.

I don't know. Should we lump Grandpa into the category of "experts" who don't know anything? Or is blood relation good enough?

• Downvote 1

Hutto is in district 17-4A along with Pflugerville Connally,Georgetown,Georgetown East View,Bastrop.Manor,Elgin,and Bastrop Cedar Creek.

You must not have checked in a loonng time. The Hippos are Class 3A and have been for at least seven years.

• Upvote 1

Says the guy who's team will be reliant on a coke-addict who spent the last season in rehab.

As I recall, we did pretty well with our Freshman quarterback and even went to a bowl game, something UNT hasn't done in about a decade. That being said Pachall is byfar better than anybody on UNT's roster. If that "coke-addict who spent the last season in rehab" transferred to UNT, you all would be worshipping the ground he stood on, claiming a CUSA championship, bowl game, called Mac a genius for reeling him in, etc. etc. etc.

Getting into a pissing contest with TCU is a battle you will never win so you should do the smart thing and stop. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

As I recall, we did pretty well with our Freshman quarterback and even went to a bowl game, something UNT hasn't done in about a decade. That being said Pachall is byfar better than anybody on UNT's roster. If that "coke-addict who spent the last season in rehab" transferred to UNT, you all would be worshipping the ground he stood on, claiming a CUSA championship, bowl game, called Mac a genius for reeling him in, etc. etc. etc.

Getting into a pissing contest with TCU is a battle you will never win so you should do the smart thing and stop. lol

For a troll.... You sure are easily trolled....

• Upvote 1

I don't know. Should we lump Grandpa into the category of "experts" who don't know anything? Or is blood relation good enough?

Well...if living on third hand info is good enough for you, great! This is nothing but talk...you nor I were there for those discussions. between Mac and Young. Would have thought that the years you have spent with DPS would have told you something about third hand info...I wonder if gramps was in the room at the time?

Folks here can find anything and everything to knock UNT...get a highly rated QB, folks go gaga over...and then they turn to some kid who is playing elsewhere as the "one that got away", and the one who UNT "should" have signed. No one here has any clue if Young would have prospered at UNT or not, gotten knocked out in the spring, beaten DT out, etc., etc. All speculation, but around here that's all it takes it seems to crap on UNT.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2